Widmer Deadlift DIPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fivehoursfree

Reaction score
Is this a good example of a double/imperial IPA? Had one the other day and really liked it. Not in a "drink all the time" sort of way, but something I could drink when I want something out of the norm. Just wondering if I should try other DIPA's or stick with widmer.

Sure, try as many as you can (isn't that the fun of it?).

I think the New Zealand hop in Widmer's Deadlift (Nelson Sauvin, I think it is) really makes it a great beer! :mug:

I agree it is a great beer. I highly recommend trying as many as you can get and taking some notes on what you like about each. Armed with that you can use their websites to get an idea of the ingredients and start down the path of your very own IIPA :)

Cheers

Dig that beer quite a bit. I just have this feeling that it isn't dry hopped. I think it is heavily late hopped, it has such a good floral/fruity hop flavor but my 4 pack was lower on aroma...still excellent though.

Yea, i liked it because it had a good hop flavor, but wasn't butt-pucker bitter. Anyone have some suggestions of other good ones that are nationally distributed or distributed in Texas.

DIPA is the most fragile beer style evar. You have to keep trying to find a fresh one. Moylan's Hopsickle, Lagunitas Hop Stoopid, and Stone Ruination are all beers that are otherworldly when at their best but bitter, alcoholic nacho onion garlic sauce when they turn. Draft beers are usually a better bet.

Hmm, makes sense. I remember a DIPA at a local brewpub here. It was pretty good. They only sold it in 8oz cups though.

I enjoyed Deadlift when I first tried it. I picked up a 4 pack for $4 in St.Paul during NHC.

Recently grabbed a 4 pack in SF Bay Area for $8 bux. Still a good value. I like the Nelson Sauvin Hops.

Tough decision for me. I can find Pliny less than a week old - vs - Deadlift.

I usually go for Pliny , but I really like the balance of Deadlift.

Back