Why is beer infinitely better after work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because it depresses the nervous system, and causes relaxation of muscles.

Usually after work, your body is tense and your brain's stress levels are higher. Beer reigning in this helps. A lot.

Works Blows and Beer Rocks

It works like watching Football after mowing the Lawn, football rocks and mowing the lawn blows.

Because it depresses the nervous system, and causes relaxation of muscles.

Usually after work, your body is tense and your brain's stress levels are higher. Beer reigning in this helps. A lot.

And here I thought it just tastes better after anticipating it all day long. Spoil sport.

Drinking at work is good too. May not be good for career progression but it makes the day less stressful.

Mmmmm....beer is sounding good already.............only 9 hours of work left........

Drinking at work is good too. May not be good for career progression but it makes the day less stressful.

If I have a chance to eat at home on my lunch break I sometimes fill a lowball glass with whatever I have on tap. Even that small amount (like the equivalent of 1/3 a beer) helps the rest of the day not seem so bad.

I often dream of just a bit of beer at lunch, to take the edge off, so to speak. But I figure that's a bad habit to get into. But on a day like today, just before a long weekend, seems like a special occasion such as this just might call for a beer at lunch.

Beer at lunch is usually terrible for me. It is absolutely great while I'm drinking it, but then I crash at my desk an hour to two later. I do the same thing at home, but it doesn't matter much if I just melt into the couch.

i look at work like a marathon. the whole day is the running, and you have you're eyes on the finish line. That beer as soon as i get home is my finish line, and it is a beautiful thing when all your hard work is rewarded by crossing that finish.

Working for family has had its privileges. Beer after a job well done with everyone is pretty amazing. Don't necessarily need an explanation of why it is just so, so good. It just needs to be good.

I sometimes fantasize about drinking beer during work. But then, i get to thinking that maybe the fantasy is worth more than the reality.

I've started a payday ritual of having a 2-beer lunch at one of the best beer bars in the city. My employees definitely like me better on those Friday afternoons...

Training went well. Yards Love Stout on Nitro, Heavy Seas Rye Porter and a San Diego Session.

I have to agree this is soo true! After locking myself out of my car after a long day of work plus having a flat tire, beer never tasted soo good.

Back