Why I'm having Thanksgiving today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stratotankard

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm an idiot! Wish I could blame it on being druck, but no, I'm just stupid.

I went out earlier this week and bought all the fixen's for a great Thankgiving dinner. Turkey, squash, potatoes, cranberries, pumpkin pie ingredients, the works (no yams though, I don't like 'em). Somehow, between not having a job, SWMBO being deployed, and me misreading the grocery store holiday hours sign, I became convinced that TODAY is Thanksgiving.

I started early, putting the turkey in to roast at 9am. Next the cranberry sauce (never made it from scratch before). Then whipping up some real cream for the pumpkin pies I would start in a few hours. All the potatoes and carrots chopped, the squash stuffing prepped, I decided to call my parents and wish them a happy Thanksgiving. Imagine my surprise when my mom couldn't figure out why I was calling in the morning on a Thursday.

Yeah, I'm an Idiot!

At least I won't forget to take the stuffing out of the turkey and serve it.

Terje

Hey, no biggie. You can give thanks when ever you want! Then do it again next week!

;)

Never hurts to be thankful!

BWAHAHAHA......Too bad, you're not in Michigan, I'd come over to help you celebrate the unholiday...

So what are you going to do next thursday???/

My neighbor thinks I will starve since my wife is not here. They invited me over to their house for Thanksgiving. Wasn't originally planning on it, but may as well now. :D

I'm also going to a potluck on Monday and will be taking half a turkey and a pie. You'd think I would have caught a clue-bird that the potluck is never after Thanksgiving. :eek:

Terje

Wow your pretty smart!! Bet you couldn't figure out why the Macy's parade wasn't on?! Well happy sorta-Thanksgiving. You definetly made me crave some turkey though :mug:

I salute you sir.
You have made me laugh heartily. Should we ever meet, I shall offer you many beers.

* I have done similar things. I know from where you speak * ;)

That is just awesome. Pure genius. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I never thought of doing it twice. Thank you, you've inspired me.

Awesome.

Awesome... pure genius!

Although you may have felt stupid at first, I bet your happy as hell now! Not to mention the L-Tryptophan effect, coupled with a few beers.

Although you may have felt stupid at first, I bet your happy as hell now! Not to mention the L-Tryptophan effect, coupled with a few beers.

You do notice the OP hasn't posted in several hours don't you?:D

mesleepingcats.jpg

We did thanksgiving on my birthday (Nov 1st) for HWMBO's brother who shipped out a week later, and we're doing it again on Thanksgiving... Awesome!

Well, the food was excellent, if a week early. My cranberry sauce didn't thicken quite as much as I would have hoped, but I can always try again next Thursday.

The biggest disappointment was that for some strange reason my cats wouldn't touch the neck or organs I cooked for them. They came running over when I put the plates down, took one sniff and walked away. Dry food for them from now on! Oh and my holiday ale isn't quite carbed in the bottles yet. Maybe next week.

Can you post that apfelwine gravy recipe, that sounds tastey!

Terje

They would have preferred it without the cooking part. Or, maybe too hot?

Anyway, I laughed at you. Sorry, I just had to. I thought the week before Halloween was the week of Halloween, but at least I didn't get dressed up to go around the town a week early! (Although I DID bust my butt to get the new family room finished before guests arrived a week early, but that was ok).

Back