Why I Like Home Brew Town

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just remember, both players stay together. None of that "you go down there, I'll play from this end" unless you're wearing one of these:

images

Now you taking all the fun out of it, I remember throwing them as high as you could;)

Home Brew Town enters fall, 2015.

Family gets together to strengthen those bonds we dare not let weaken. And time to remember those we haven't seen in a long time. The cold weather jars our memories of family, friends that we separated from, acquaintances that didn't work out, and those that are not here anymore.

Last edited:
Are any of you real?

You flit about, like sparks in the underwood of a fireplace. My world is pretty quiet, but I like to believe you all are real, sparking a great fire here. Are you real? Is Home Brew Town real?

Yes!
Absolutely real
You know that, Pappy :)

Home brew town is filled with individuals come together for one purpose

Good food, Home brew, togetherness and Peacefulness, decent prosperity, probably a few things. A life achieved.

And fantasizing about that too, sometimes

HomeBrewTown is about people being happy, and sharing interest. Supporting each other and relishing the good in their lives

It's about developing too. In no order: brewing talent, parenting, relationships, water chemistry, Brew stands, fermentation chambers....... Dogs and cats Yada yada. Yada

Mostly to me HBT is about a bunch of creative similar minded folk getting together; Sometimes were a family who don't always agree. But hey man. It would be boring if we were never challenged.

I didn't see a lot of you at the Home Brew Town Christmas party Sat night - your loss. Mayor closed off Main, tons of homebrew tents set up. Lotsa fun. Who made that rye IPA, it was fantastic!

I bought 2 of the teak tap handles. Perfect addition to my keezer. And the Centennial Salsa, I need the recipe!

It's great living in Home Brew Town, everyone is just like YOU.

nevada-city-at-night-victorian-christmas.jpg

Dang, looks like i missed a good one? Oh well, we were getting ready for Christmas & making sure there's plenty of home brew...:mug:

4 Ancho Chile Peppers (dried)
1 tin Tomatoes 15 oz
1 Onion (medium, chopped)
1 clove Garlic (chopped)
1 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Sugar
1 tablespoon Oil
1 oz Centennial hops

" didn't see a lot of you at the Home Brew Town Christmas party Sat night"

Sorry, Pappy I wish I could have been there. My wife scheduled a family Christmas party the same night. The town's looks a lot more fun!

Maybe New Years's party. In fact I will certainly be there!

Homebrew town has lost one of their own last night. RIP, Marie...at least she gets to sing Christmas carols, maybe even a happy Birthday to the late, great JC!

Spring comes to Home Brew Town!

The grounds surrounding the downtown promenade are sprouting with spring glee. Sun and heat are a welcome visitor after the ice of winter. And the park along the river is crazy with tulips. What a wonder. Grab a beer and go for a walk. Open containers are A-OK in Home Brew Town.

historic-prince-of-wales-hotel_37906.jpg

flowers.jpg

Man o man

Man oh man I miss sitting around
On front porches and pubs in, old Home Brew Town

This spring is gloriously rich in color
Warm as the glow in a new baby's mother

It's a time of anew, put the winter apast
Time now for planting seeds that will last, that will last

Bright days always in HomeBrewTown
Because magical people do here abound

Halloween seems like last week and Thanksgiving seems still here here as we speak
Christmas quickly approaches us
Again another new year is nearing our cusp

Home Brew Town coasts into the valley between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Last slabs of leftover sliced turkey and soup are getting eaten. Cold weather is not a threat now, it's a promise - it's on your doorstep. It's nipping at your nose as you take Fido out for late nite doody. We hear something called a polar vortex coming from the TV in the other room while making dinner. Ugh. Polar should stay in its own neighborhood.

Woods are getting thinner with the brownfall of spent leaves, the arthritic fingers of bare limbs showing now where there was once green and nests and life. It's only moments now until they are crested with snow and ice. Birdsong has disappeared (are they sad?)

But in our homes, the heart of our lives beats strong and warm, the golden human hues of incandescent lamps stretches out the windows in bold defiance of the early evenings and impending cold. Inside our homes, we are anticipating family visits, time off from work, kids home from school. Christmas cards are starting to arrive, with canned Hallmark greetings and incredible pictures of friends and their families aging, adding, and that does remind us that we're doing the same (OMG).

Home Brew Town puts up the Christmas Tree about now. We are thinking: what is the most thoughtful gift I could get for Mary or John this year? Homemade duckcloth cornhole bags with appliqued initials? Oh yea. Maple and mahogany chess board? Maybe. Banana muffins for the neighbor: definitely. Gems for the wife: umm... maybe next year.

Home Brew Town prepares for Christmas 2016.

light%20mountains%20nature%20valley%20town%20village%201680x1050%20wallpaper_www.wall321.com_77.jpg

Home Brew Town: City of Snow, Gifts and Festive Spirit. That's what the blue sign says when you enter, but it should also add Beermaking! Shopping is over now, late snow just covered any evidence of our traffic in the commercial promenade. Yooper's pub is quiet, Revvy's Exquisite Foodstuffs just locked up, and Gavin's Homebrew shop has been closed since six. For the next 24 hours, we will live our lives exclusively in our homes. Nice!

hbt-xmas-2016-8-67873.jpg

HBT Christmas Tree hoisted - majestic!

hbt-xmas-2016-5-67870.jpg

hbt-xmas-2016-6-67871.jpg

HBT Craft Beer festival. I'm in the pic, the guy with the jacket! Dan had his new Beer Bureau set up, that tangerine porter was mind blowing. Fun. Were you there?

hbt-xmas-2016-3-67868.jpg

HomeBrewTown leaves are turning.

Our townsfolk stay busy with their lives, but they do see the change in the weather and nature's complexion. With the falling leaves and falling mercury, we acknowledge the loss of summer and its fruits. The outdoor activities like croquet and picnics and gardening vegetables are over. The winter months are soon here. Sadly, fishing is nearly over. Time to cast one more time into the river behind the granary where the trout are still biting.

hbt-fishing-68430.jpg

I'm missing Home Brew Town since I foolishly left and moved to Hawaii. Someday I'll get back there. I miss the cool snap in the weather as fall enters, and the turn of the leaves to red brownish orange.

When the temperature gets even cooler... Oh man! Nothing as good as hickory smoke drifting in the air from a fireplace.

Soon will come winter

I’m a few days late. Happy New Years Home Brew Town!

In this new year may happiness and prosperity be our ground

2017 was an awesome year
May 2018 bring us very much cheer!

Good times, good health and happiness
In Home Brew town our Ives are blessed

Home Brew Town receives the fall with grace. Summer was fun, tons of energy, activity. But it's time to slow things down.

There's a pace in our lives, and it ebbs and it flows in cycles. We sleep at night and drive hard when the sun comes up. We go hard 5, and then relax 2. And when the leaves start turning gold, the mercury drops, we slow down too.

Our town receives the fall in appreciation of what the summer gave us, and in anticipation of the coming winter. Home becomes more defined as the weather changes.

I like it Passedpawn. Sitting here on a beautiful Hawaii evening with some bacon wrapped fillet mignon over a keawe fired grill. There’s a full moon, the trade winds are nice and cool. We have fall here too, but nothing like I remember as good as HomeBrewTown’s fall luster
Cheers Pappy!
Dan

Last edited:
I’m back home in Homebrew town

I have a little farm on the outside abound

You would not believe the luster of fall

In HomeBrewTown we have it all

A Dime, Drug, and Hardware store
A Standard and Phillips station plus so much more
We have a movie theatre, a bowling alley; a couple bars not in dark alleys

This time of year is wonderfully beautiful
Fall warm sun and breezy days
Night times beautiful stars and moon; do gaze

This is Home Brew Town a place all can come to
A world to which I’ll always be thankful too

Cheers
Dan

Last edited:
I just came across this delightful thread.
"Homebrew Town" sounds wonderful, and a lot like my home town of Lake Wobegon.
The little town that time forgot and the decades cannot improve.
Where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average.
Home of the Whippits baseball team.. And Tuna hotdish….

Homebrew town is a fantasy sure
But can you believe it could occur?

It will if you believe in it,
In our own life we make it exist

I go to HomeBrew Town, to be a clown, Some frown, put me down. And yet amongst like minded people, i find more friends then around sheeple.

Home Brew Town is snowed in. The sky-baker iced our homes with a frozen meringue topping. The neighborhood up the hill looks like frosted gingerbread houses, and main street is impassible.

But oh man, the amber glow of the warm windows sure looks inviting. Each of those homes contains a warm welcome, and one of them is yours. Arriving there, it's the happy finish to a 50's movie, the place where the rainbow hits the earth, the dot at the end of this sentence. It's where you end your day with slippers and comfy clothes and a sofa.

Our city sleeps under the oppressive cold now, planning the first brewday after the thaw.
upload_2019-1-26_2-39-41.png

upload_2019-1-26_2-40-32.png

Back