Why I Like Home Brew Town

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our virtual town recognizes the resilience and ambition of the pilgrims today. Cheers Home Brew Town!

NormanRockwellThanksgiving.jpg

Pappy, wishing you a happy Thanksgiving day. I miss HomeBrewTown. I'm thankful for the founders.

Watching the movie TopGun with my son and his friends.

Home Brew Town prepares for the holiday.

The Mill River has frozen over, and the brewery will close when the granary is spent. In the meantime, moms and pops sit on the brewery patio and watch their kids skate on the ice.

The town pastor went off on a sabbatical and has been missed. While his weekend preachings were tough, his absence has left an odd hole in the town's makeup.

The town mailman became one of the town cops. That was a surprise.

Many new citizens have arrived in the last year. Some of the older ones have moved on. Life is good in Home Brew Town.

small-town-christmas-61642.jpg

Happy New Year Home Brew Town. May the townsfolk enjoy a prosperous 2014, and one filled with accomplishment, family, good times and great memories.

Cheers good people!

A poem, by me.

When the autumn leaves glow in red and brown

And the hot summer's temp has been turned way down

Then we know it's a time of sweatshirts, football and bonfires

Good times ahead will full fill our desires

ThanksGiving day will come soon

A day filled with thanks and maybe cartoons :)

A day of thanks and grace will be enjoyed

I'm thankful my son is not deployed

And in our hearts our family will be. The best part of life. That's why we give thankfully

I'm the aging hipster hotrodder home brewer experimenter guy down the block your mom's always warned you about. Not to mention being a half breed sonofaseabee...:drunk: Blaaaarfff, wait...whaaaaa?

Fall descends on Home Brew Town. Last chance to cut wood before the real cold hits. First thoughts of Christmas gifts for loved ones. Turkeys getting fat ( and nervous ).

hbt-town-64151.jpg

Nothing in Texas looks like this. Nothing.

Nope. Sure doesn't. Been there a few times. The panhandle was my least favorite place. But, we were taking 66, 64, 40, etc all around the country a couple times.

Here's a shot of Mr Smeltz & I at my place in homebrew town when he came to pick up a free haul;

His wife took the pictures. Very nice couple that were a pleasure to visit with! :rockin: (I have bell's palsy in the right side of my face. So smiling didn't work so well.

Here's a shot of Mr Smeltz & I at my place in homebrew town when he came to pick up a free haul;
[IMG]http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss71/unionrdr/PICT0014_zps0d9d7424.jpg[/IMG]
His wife took the pictures. Very nice couple that were a pleasure to visit with! :rockin: (I have bell's palsy in the right side of my face. So smiling didn't work so well.

Nice photo. Reminds me of standing next to my son. I'd be the guy on the left. Age and Youth. We can't have one without the other. Cheers unionrdr!

And I second PP... Who?

And I second PP... Who?

I third that. Who is that gorgeous hunk of man? Besides you, of course. :D

My little corner of homebrew town has tons of snow, and ice, and howling cold north winds. It's not fit for man nor beast, so Bob shoveled the roof (again). It's depressing.

He calls himself smeltz on here. He & his wife do a lot of meads, ciders & such. Colder than a well diggers butt here with howling winds & snow. Heater can't keep up, my hands are freezing! Pretty sure I got the name right. I'll go look at my PM's just to be sure. And thanks for the props yooper. I haven't been what I'd call passable in some 18-20 years at least. He looks about the age of my sons...:mug:
** Yup, name's right. Join date June this year.

The Christmas Holiday is approaching. Home Brew Town slows down, replacing the manic effort of work with good cheer and good will towards your neighbor.

Old tunes start playing on the radio. Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your nose.

Colder weather. Snow. Ice. But the heart of home remains warm, and the contrast of the weather and the warm family spirit reminds us of what we've built in our lives. Without the bitter, the sweet wouldn't taste as sweet.

shutterstock_37252789.jpg

shutterstock_121632514.jpg

2013-11-06-CanazeiItalyFrancescoEri.jpg

The Christmas Holiday is approaching. Home Brew Town slows down, replacing the manic effort of work with good cheer and good will towards your neighbor.

Old tunes start playing on the radio. Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your nose.

Colder weather. Snow. Ice. But the heart of home remains warm, and the contrast of the weather and the warm family spirit reminds us of what we've built in our lives. Without the bitter, the sweet wouldn't taste as sweet.
shutterstock_37252789.jpg

shutterstock_121632514.jpg

2013-11-06-CanazeiItalyFrancescoEri.jpg

Eloquent prose sir.

Title should be Milkman to policeman to philosopher in chief. Did not intend to demote you

Last edited:
The HBT volunteer corps decorated the commercial promenade, and the recent downy flake makes it look grand!

Townfolk talk less of business and more of camaraderie. The time of year seems to bring out the best part of each of us.

The gift shops are quiet now, but just an hour ago they were thriving with last-minute shoppers looking for a candied carnation, a teak holder for nag champa, a japanese puzzle box. In Home Brew Town, the marvels are endless; it's so easy to find interesting gifts for the people you care about.

Yooper's tavern there on the left is still open, but the dusting has covered the footprints. Will you be the first to lay down new tracks to the door?

Christmas-Lights-Town_DP_680-612x353.jpg

Will you be the first to lay down new tracks to the door?

Nope, I'm already in there enjoying the camaraderie and a cold one with the rest of HBT. This is a much larger place than it looks from the outside.

May what ever makes you happy, bring you peace this holiday season.

Cheers,
Jeff

Great place to chill with a winter warmer! Wrote a few more pages of my latest book yesterday so I can enjoy a few out today.

Yooper's tavern there on the left is still open, but the dusting has covered the footprints. Will you be the first to lay down new tracks to the door?

I love it. This passage reads like a Choose Your Own Adventure, but set in HBT.

If you choose to open the door to Yooper's Tavern, turn to page 68.

If you choose to hang out and talk to the Dwarf, turn to page 97.

If you are concerned that there might be a Hop Monster behind one of those trees, roll a D20 and turn to page 114.

My mental image of Homebrew Town is that of a beautiful Colorado mountain town. We play hard- skiing, hunting, fishing, hiking, maybe some snow shoeing or snowmobiling. We eat well- BBQ, sourdough bread and other fermented and non-fermented wonders. We enjoy a good cigar, pipe. Of course, we wet shave when we choose to do so. Some are hot rodders, some love body art.

But, most importantly, we drink like kings and queens. Beer, Wine, Mead, Cider, Kombucha, not to mention fine liquor. We may argue, as any great neighbors do, over the benefits of double decoction, milling grains, or whether pure Oxygen injection is really necessary, but it is all in the service of hedonism and maximizing the enjoyment of life, through homemade brew. We share funny memes, we share great drinking experience with commercial brews, we argue in the debate forum.

Ultimately, we are a town, because homebrewing is something that cannot but help bring people together. While we may enjoy solitary brewing, if our passion can't be shared, what is the joy?

Merry Christmas, homebrewers.

breck.jpg

Another year passes in Home Brew Town. We are another year older, another year wiser, another year better hydrated :drunk:

The new year brings with it a cleansing, a new start (like last year!). New Year's Resolutions. There is the real promise of Hope, that we can truly learn from our past and carry the best forward, forget and discard the things that didn't work out well, and win the future.

Let's take one last moment to acknowledge the past, then put it in a box, and enter the bright future that starts in the morning.

Home Brew Town enters 2015 optimistic. Happy New Year HBT.

Last edited:
Happy New Year Home Brew Town.!

May your goblets never empty and life and friends bring serenity. Cheers to you one and all. Blessed is caring hearts, none to small.

I'm still here. Just been a little preoccupied with life. ;)

Me too!

The Fourth of July fireworks will be here before ya know it. The fourth in HomeBrew Town is spectacular! This area is heavily wooded so our fireworks are over Lake Rockwell. The whole town gathers at a large grassy clearing. Day tents, lawn chairs, picnic blankets and grills adorn the grounds. The air is subltly filled of woodsmoke and charcol and savory meats.

The Fireworks are truly a beautiful sight to behold on a warm summer's night. The glow is reflected on a clear water lake. Serenity..

The afternoon is filled with fun for all, three legged races, egg tosses for the kids, the women get together and keep on the lids.
Our town is HomeBrew Town, we made it our own. We crush barley with stainless and and sometimes with stone. Only one thing to remember and this truthis dear-

We're not only here for the beer! :rockin: The bbq is smokin', the beer is flowin'. Fireworks will soon fill the air, with the smoke of the bbq filling our hair. Life is good when you bbq with wood!

Home Brew Town survives Summer '15. Hoses and slip-n-slides to avoid the heat. Smell of freshly mowed grass. Sweet iced tea with lemon. Short shorts.

Our citizens did their best to find interesting things to do with their summer. Besides the pastime that our town is famous for (brewing!), we managed to make a lot of good summer food and enjoy our friends and family.

Labor day around the corner, and kids are going back to school. Evenings are just a bit cooler now, a welcome reprieve from summer's cauldron, and reminds us that fall festivities are coming. Days are getting shorter: early evenings for students, workers, lovers.

We sat on blankets and listened to the summer concerts. Time for one last picnic, then put the mower and lawn darts away.

BN-JN576_NYOPEN_J_20150723161746.jpg

Ahh comes September, the final cusp
Summer's last heatwaves, but end it must
Very soon October will be here
A favorite season in HomeBrewTown
For some really good beer

A favorite season in HomeBrewTown - ;)
For some really good beer-

Pickelhelm!

C'mon NFL, stop being such a bunch of pansies and earn your multi-million dollar contracts by wearing a real man's helmet.

I'd actually watch sports if I got to see that...

Latest posts

Back