Why do shipping rates change daily?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripleC223

Reaction score
I've noticed when ordering from Farmhouse Brewing Supply that the shipping rates have gone up drastically over the past few months. Why is that? My first order from them was for 12 oz of hops and a pack of dry yeast, and shipping was $6.00. I compiled another order recently, and it was $7.99 (1 pound of hops). I just put together another order, just to see the cost, and the cheapest shipping option was $9.25 for 1 pound of hops.

Am I missing something here? Is there a specific day that's better to order from them than others? Do shipping rates just rise during the summer? What gives?

Just trying to save a few bucks here.

I'm not familiar with the supplier, but first thing is they may be showing you shipping estimates. Another is they may have a "shipping deadlines guarantee" where the price goes up as the day progresses to ensure they meet that deadline to get it out to you.

Back