Why can't anyone spell the word 'Sale'???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's 'Murican. As in 'Murica, which is a play on the colloquial pronunciation of "America."

I wasn't aware a Mercan was a thing. Can't imagine why anyone would use one.

it's a regional thing on how it's pronounced. like how some people say "Warshington" or "bah-trees" or play Duck, Duck, Grey Duck instead of Duck, Duck, Goose. in Hhwhyomin, it was 'Merca. in South Dakota, it was Uhhmerca. here in rural Minnesohhta, it's pronounced "Vikings" or "Twins" depending on what time of year it is.

it's a regional thing on how it's pronounced. like how some people say "Warshington" or "bah-trees" or play Duck, Duck, Grey Duck instead of Duck, Duck, Goose. in Hhwhyomin, it was 'Merca. in South Dakota, it was Uhhmerca. here in rural Minnesohhta, it's pronounced "Vikings" or "Twins" depending on what time of year it is.

Ah, well that makes sense. Very good explanation!

Loose vs. lose.

Lightning vs. lightening.

The two others (along with breathe/breath) in the unholy trinity that drives me crazy.

The whole loose vs. lose thing is so prevalent and irritating. I see it all the time in business emails from college educated people.

Latest posts

Back