Who's ready for Fantasy Football?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EcuPirate07

Beer is a food group
Reaction score
Man I love it, been playing for years ever since my senior year of college. We usually do a draft part at Wild wings they do beer and wings for like $10 a person pretty sweet. What do you guys do for your draft?

We always go a a buddy's house, who has a huge board already set up. Drink a bunch of beer, do the draft, go home... Lately we have been incorporating our Super Bowl tradition of a "Talledega Nights" pitch in, where everyone goes to a fast food place and buys 10$ worth of food for the night...

Naw, I got over Fantasy Football the same time I got over playing Dungeons and Dragons. It's a kids game.

Haven't tried Fantasy Football yet (don't want to get hooked) but can't wait for the season to start. Pre-season in a week baby! Go Pack! :rockin:

I always think I want to play it, but I never have enough interest in the weekly games to make me competitive. You really have to be up on players and stats to stand a chance.

Football is really a nice diversion to a Wings game anyway.

Yeah but part of the fun of fantasy is rooting for games you wouldn't have watched before. Kinda brings more life into the season.

And this is how I came to love RedZone. I'm not ADD but if I were, this would be the holy grail of sports entertainment. Seriously, they constantly show where the action is.

Love me some Redzone! I had to sadly cancel my NFL package due to $6,000 in medical bills from back surgery and my second child coming in less than a week.

On a side note it's amazing how cheap Directv will go when you wanna cancel. Might be worth a try, They got down to $39 a month I think, so around $197 for the Season before they finally let me cancel.

Man I love it, been playing for years ever since my senior year of college. We usually do a draft part at Wild wings they do beer and wings for like $10 a person pretty sweet. What do you guys do for your draft?

Our draft is at buffalo wild wings on the 23rd. We do a $30 buy in, and distribute 1st 2nd and 3rd place prize money to the winners. We are all very competitive and it ends up being so much fun every year. This is my beauty for the season.

LEAGUEOFEXGENTLEMEN.jpg

Our draft is at buffalo wild wings on the 23rd. We do a $30 buy in, and distribute 1st 2nd and 3rd place prize money to the winners. We are all very competitive and it ends up being so much fun every year. This is my beauty for the season.

Nice. I wish we did a trophy in this leauge. 2 years ago I was regular season champ and lost in the finals to the guy who I made a last minute trade to (I traded Gordon and Reggie Bush for Megatron) which looking back on it I only made the trade bc my buddy was going crazy that I hadn't made a trade before the deadline. Then last year I drafted AP with my first pick so it was pretty much all down hill from there.

Nice. I wish we did a trophy in this leauge. 2 years ago I was regular season champ and lost in the finals to the guy who I made a last minute trade to (I traded Gordon and Reggie Bush for Megatron) which looking back on it I only made the trade bc my buddy was going crazy that I hadn't made a trade before the deadline. Then last year I drafted AP with my first pick so it was pretty much all down hill from there.

Ehh yeah I'm with you on last season. I drafted horribly and then I picked up Odell Beckham and he literally won me every game and I ended up winning it all. I have 5th pick in my draft this year, and I want Odell but I don't think he will top his rookie season. So I'l probably just draft 2 running backs first, and then I can get a bunch of decent WR's from round 3-6 and a good qb later on.

Back