Who stoled your name?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moose1231

Reaction score
I start

I would have pick Moose obviously as username but it was already taken. So I had to use random numbers beside (1231). I looked and "Moose" only posted twice in 2006 so now I can't use my username :p

Did that happened to you?

Here, no. I was known as peoples Drunkle in college so thought it would fit. I have used various and sundry other usernames on other places. I like to be original so usually have no trouble with usernames except for email addresses for official purposes.

Nope. Not here. I thought this one up by myself, but a while back, when the Internet was still relatively new, I went to a site and found my name already being used. THis was probably back around '94. I remember popping in and the other Homercidal exclaiming, "Doppleganger!" I thought it was funny.

It's happened once or twice since then, but thankfully I got in first here.

I've run into other Grognerds, mostly in computer wargame forums.

a political blog I read has a commenter named Grognard, which is the actual spelling of the word

Moose1231 said:
I start I would have pick Moose obviously as username but it was already taken. So I had to use random numbers beside (1231). I looked and "Moose" only posted twice in 2006 so now I can't use my username :p Did that happened to you?
Well, to be technical, "Moose" was never your name on this site. ;)
You could have added another O or something. I picked my name and it was available. I don't use this name outside of beer/brewing forums.

I have 3 more or less exclusive screen names. You google any of them and they almost always are me. Only exception I believe is someone who joined reddit a few months ago used my sn here. But the HHH onhere, beerforum, and untappd are all me.

I fortunately have fairly unique usernames... I used to use the same username everywhere (like in the 90's and early aughts), but I've found that by keeping separate names for separate hobbies is beneficial.

maybe this guy?

moose_in_harness_sm.jpg

Back