Who Sells 15 Gallon Ball Lock Kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snausages01

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any place that sells 15 gallon ball lock kegs that has them in stock?

CHI - Out of stock due to a lid sealing problem.
Adventures in Homebrewing - Out of stock with no anticipated in stock date.
Corneykeg.com - Out of stock.

Any others?

Any feedback on their use as a fermenter? Looking for something easier to clean with less parts than a conical.

Thanks,

Does anyone know of any place that sells 15 gallon ball lock kegs that has them in stock?

CHI - Out of stock due to a lid sealing problem.
Adventures in Homebrewing - Out of stock with no anticipated in stock date.
Corneykeg.com - Out of stock.

Any others?

Any feedback on their use as a fermenter? Looking for something easier to clean with less parts than a conical.

Thanks,

There are 14 gallon stainless fermenter on eBay which come with or without a ball valve and they would work perfect much cheaper than the conical too. They are made by a company named Chapman.

suprchunk, not a huge fan of the plastic or the valve. Looking for less stuff to clean. I already have a conical and its pita to clean with all the parts. Main reasons for going to kegs are that they are easy to clean, can be pressurized, and can do pressurized transfers by inserting the dip tube when I'm ready to transfer. I like stainless because it's easier to clean; don't really have to worry about scratching it. With the keg, it's just the shell, a lid with a hole for a stopper, and two caps (maybe two small dip tubes if the caps don't seal). Also, I can fit two in an upright freezer that I already have.

There are 14 gallon stainless fermenter on eBay which come with or without a ball valve and they would work perfect much cheaper than the conical too. They are made by a company named Chapman.

Thanks for the heads up; it looks promising. If I can't find the kegs I may go that route.

May I ask what you dislike about cleaning conicals? Mine is so easy, I love it. I certainly find it easier than cleaning kegs.

Check craigslist/kijiji. I scored 8 last year at $175/pop (canadian). When wine stores and brew on premises stores go out of business, these appear.

May I ask what you dislike about cleaning conicals? Mine is so easy, I love it. I certainly find it easier than cleaning kegs.

Too many parts to clean! Two valves, all the tri clamp fittings, seals, caps, weldless fittings, bits and pieces. It just adds more time and hassle to the brew day; it's a lot faster to clean a keg. The only exception may be a brewer's hardware conical with a CIP ball. I've thought about getting one a few times, but would need to see it in person first. I'm leaning to kegs because I can fit two in the upright freezer.

Did you end up finding/buying the 15 Gallon Ball Lock Keg(s)? If so, where, and how are you liking them?

Back