Whistling from gas in valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxpx5678

Reaction score
I added a second keg to my system today and everything was working great before i added it.

After adding it the original Keg has a whistling sound whenever it is filling with CO2. It is coming from the gas in port. The only thing I did was remove the gas in quick disconnect so I could cut the Line (so it could go to the splitter).

It only whistles until it is equalized with the tank then it stops and I dont hear or see any leaking (when sprayed with soapy water).

Any ideas?

What part is whistling? Many regulators hum or groan whenever there's a sudden drop in pressure (i.e. when you open a purge valve, or hook up a keg with headspace that is below the line pressure.)

What part is whistling? Many regulators hum or groan whenever there's a sudden drop in pressure (i.e. when you open a purge valve, or hook up a keg with headspace that is below the line pressure.)

It is the gas in part. It only whistles when i pull the pressure relief valve or when i dispense enough beer that the CO2 needs to flow to maintain pressure.

I checked it this morning after noticing it last night and my CO2 levels arent any lower and i dont hear anything when it is just sitting.

If there is no leak, methinks you just have CO2 entering the keg.

It might be the sound of the gas going into the keg. You said it stops once the keg has reached pressure. If it's not leaking I wouldn't worry about it.

Well I figured it out.

Today my keg stopped dispensing. I took apart the Gas in valve on the keg and it looked fine. I Reset the pin in it just to be sure.

I think took apart the Out valve and found it full of Hops as well as the dip tube.
It was whistling because there was so much pressure and was escaping out of the gas in port. yikes!

Well glad i got that figured out. I think I need to a better job of getting the dry hop out before I keg!

Back