Whirlpool 488BSL Kegerator Build 4.4 cu ft.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ambleside

Reaction score
Didn't see this exact fridge when searching for my own build, so figured I'd share. I believe it is the same as a Danby 4.4 cu ft.

Went for a passthrough side tap instead of a tower. Wasn't sure at first if I'd be doing 1 tap or 2, so didn't want to commit to a tower. Also not the handiest person when it comes to building.

-Whirlpool 4.4 cu ft fridge. 488BSL
-Perlick 630SS taps.
-Taprite Dual Product regulator.
-new ball lock kegs, 1x 3gal, 1x 5 gal.
-5# Co2 tank
-6 ft Bev line each
-cheap whiteboard.

I brew with friends who bottle, so often have partial batches, hence the smaller keg. it also frees up space for accessing the regulator for adjustments, and lots of room for lines.
Door panelling comes off with screws, super easy.
Screwed the rubber seal back on (screwed on just for a guide of where it went), then used epoxy to glue it on. Grabbed a white board and glued it on the inside. flat surface, so it was easy.
the door shuts perfectly fine. One of the kegs overhangs maybe a 1/3", but since the door paneling is fully gone, it shuts fine.
These are 2 ball locks, and the diameter is the same on both. Ie, 2x 5 gal would work.
Stoked overall, makes drinking the home-brewed nectar that much more enjoyable!:rocking:
PS can't figure out why some of the images are screwed up, tilt your heads

image.jpeg

image_4.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_3.jpg

Thanks for posting! I picked up a very similar model of Whirlpool mini-fridge (WAR-488W) and have started the conversion. I was planning to put on a two tap tower, but now am considering door taps like yours. Is it working well?

Back