Which Touchscreen for BCS 462?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cioffi

Reaction score
Hi all,

I moving in the direction of more automation for my electric HERMS. I just picked up a BCS 462 and would like to control everything with a touchscreen panel. I've been searching the archives and have found some helpful information, but nothing yet on what kind of panel to look for, etc.

Can anybody recommend a decent and inexpensive touchscreen?

Thanks,
Todd

One more question on this topic. I'd like to mount the screen/tablet on the door of the box that has all the hardware, along with any other lights, e-stop, etc. I suppose I could mount a tablet to the door, but does anybody know of a decently priced screen/tablet that is meant to be mounted as I described?

One more question on this topic. I'd like to mount the screen/tablet on the door of the box that has all the hardware, along with any other lights, e-stop, etc. I suppose I could mount a tablet to the door, but does anybody know of a decently priced screen/tablet that is meant to be mounted as I described?

Available at Monoprice for around 20$
160651.jpg

I bought a BCS gas 2/3 ebrewsupply panel from a member here. He installed a touchscreen driven by a raspberry pi processor. Pretty slick setup for fairly cheap. I plan on recreating it for a bunch of uses.

If you're interested here's a link to the build thread https://goo.gl/1oaXM3.

I ended up going electric so I'm not going to end up using that panel if anything might interest you from it.

I bought a BCS gas 2/3 ebrewsupply panel from a member here. He installed a touchscreen driven by a raspberry pi processor. Pretty slick setup for fairly cheap. I plan on recreating it for a bunch of uses.

I ended up going electric so I'm not going to end up using that panel if anything might interest you from it.

That's very helpful. That's what I want to do for my new build. Thanks!

Wh

I ended up going electric so I'm not going to end up using that panel if anything might interest you from it.[/QUOT

What are you going to do with the touchscreen and Raspberry Pi processor?

I use a full size 1920x1080 touchscreen monitor for my BCS attached to a Raspberry Pi. Prior to dedicating a Pi to it, I was just plugging my laptop in on brew day and using the monitor as a second screen. It's pretty nice to have the BCS as a touchscreen on one monitor while you use the built in monitor for Beersmith or other apps.

I use a full size 1920x1080 touchscreen monitor for my BCS attached to a Raspberry Pi. Prior to dedicating a Pi to it, I was just plugging my laptop in on brew day and using the monitor as a second screen. It's pretty nice to have the BCS as a touchscreen on one monitor while you use the built in monitor for Beersmith or other apps.
Thanks for this. I'll be moving forward with this build very shortly.

Back