Which Touchscreen for BCS 462?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cioffi

Reaction score
Hi all,

I moving in the direction of more automation for my electric HERMS. I just picked up a BCS 462 and would like to control everything with a touchscreen panel. I've been searching the archives and have found some helpful information, but nothing yet on what kind of panel to look for, etc.

Can anybody recommend a decent and inexpensive touchscreen?

Thanks,
Todd

One more question on this topic. I'd like to mount the screen/tablet on the door of the box that has all the hardware, along with any other lights, e-stop, etc. I suppose I could mount a tablet to the door, but does anybody know of a decently priced screen/tablet that is meant to be mounted as I described?

One more question on this topic. I'd like to mount the screen/tablet on the door of the box that has all the hardware, along with any other lights, e-stop, etc. I suppose I could mount a tablet to the door, but does anybody know of a decently priced screen/tablet that is meant to be mounted as I described?

Available at Monoprice for around 20$
160651.jpg

I bought a BCS gas 2/3 ebrewsupply panel from a member here. He installed a touchscreen driven by a raspberry pi processor. Pretty slick setup for fairly cheap. I plan on recreating it for a bunch of uses.

If you're interested here's a link to the build thread https://goo.gl/1oaXM3.

I ended up going electric so I'm not going to end up using that panel if anything might interest you from it.

I bought a BCS gas 2/3 ebrewsupply panel from a member here. He installed a touchscreen driven by a raspberry pi processor. Pretty slick setup for fairly cheap. I plan on recreating it for a bunch of uses.

I ended up going electric so I'm not going to end up using that panel if anything might interest you from it.

That's very helpful. That's what I want to do for my new build. Thanks!

Wh

I ended up going electric so I'm not going to end up using that panel if anything might interest you from it.[/QUOT

What are you going to do with the touchscreen and Raspberry Pi processor?

I use a full size 1920x1080 touchscreen monitor for my BCS attached to a Raspberry Pi. Prior to dedicating a Pi to it, I was just plugging my laptop in on brew day and using the monitor as a second screen. It's pretty nice to have the BCS as a touchscreen on one monitor while you use the built in monitor for Beersmith or other apps.

I use a full size 1920x1080 touchscreen monitor for my BCS attached to a Raspberry Pi. Prior to dedicating a Pi to it, I was just plugging my laptop in on brew day and using the monitor as a second screen. It's pretty nice to have the BCS as a touchscreen on one monitor while you use the built in monitor for Beersmith or other apps.
Thanks for this. I'll be moving forward with this build very shortly.

Latest posts

Back