Which system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaskBrewer306

Reaction score
Hi all.

Local HBS is going out of business. Has an original grainfather for $500, newer brewzilla 110 at $400 and the older brewzilla at 250. Which would you buy? Canadian dollars... probably sounds high for the Ameeicans.

That's a tough call! Those are some really good prices. Personally, I'm not much into the Grainfathers. If it were me, I would probably go with a newer brewzilla. Right in the middle of the Grainfather and older brewzilla which would be just the right amount of tech/features for me.

If you buy a Spike, SSBrewtech or Brewbuilt stainless Kettle with 1.5 TC port you will have it FOREVER. The stainless elements and stainless baskets are cheap on Amazon. Then the controller you have good choices and low cost for 110V. Inkbird has an awesome 240V controller with an integrated GFCI breaker. It is around $460 with the discount code applied on their website. I am guessing the price of this controller will come down when home brew sites start to sell it.

Back