Which pot?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zmad2000

Reaction score
I just got my hands on a $100 gift card for cabelas. I am looking to upgrade my current setup with a shiny new pot. It is going to be used for 5 gal BIAB batches.
Does anybody know how this pot is: here
The King Kooker 44qt

Those pots look more than sufficient, I am not as familiar as most with the BIAB process. I would suggest buying on of the bigger pots 62 qt or larger. For a little money now you will not be limited to 5 gallon brew sessions going forward.

Well for later on i would be looking at a MLT that would enable me to up my brew potential. Also i am not sure anything bigger would work on my stove.

Well for later on i would be looking at a MLT that would enable me to up my brew potential. Also i am not sure anything bigger would work on my stove.

If you move to 10 gallon batches this could become you BK, and a good time to invest in a propane burner and move outside. That being said only having a 4qt. of additional volume is a little less then ideal. You would be picking up 2" in dia. and one inch in height (see question below from their page). Not a lot of stainless for $40 but the volume is a big deal as you move forward. Or by the 42 qt., when your ready to increase your output sell it and by a keg and make a keggle.

Can you give me the dimension of the 44 qt & 62 qt

Answer this question
Answers

Expert

For the King Kooker Stainless Steel Boiling/Frying Pots with Lids, the 44 quart is approximately 17.5 inches high and 14" in diameter. The 62 quart is approximately 18.5 inches high and 16 inches in diameter.
2 months, 3 weeks ago
CabelasExpert12

I only just started doing extract a few months ago. So i think this upgrade will last a while. Also i only have one 7gal fermentation bucket so until it get more i can only ferment 5 gal batches.

Back