Which is the Best Kit to buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannabrew

Reaction score
I've brewed two cooper's kits, the canadian blonde and the lager.

They're pretty good but they still taste different then the liquor store beer.

Are there other kits out there that are better or is it my process (basically following the package instructions)?

If its strictly beer your looking to make, check up in the beer forums, I know I've seen categories for partial mash and extract brewing, those guys probably can answer your question better, the only kit I've used was a Mr. Beer kit that was given to me for christmas. Your homebrew will never likely taste exactly like the macrobrews, they use mass production rapid processes with ingredients like rice instead of barley in some of them.

I think you may have posted in the wrong area. I haven't seen any mead making kits.

There are a couple mead kits out there, one I saw came with honey, yeast, acid blend packet and their proprietary premeasured "mead packs" which im guessing is something alone the lines of step feeding nutrients packs.

Back