Which fittings/hoses do I need?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkstar79

Reaction score
I decided to spring on the 30 plate wort chiller from keg cowboy, but I could really use some help on figuring out which fitting I need and was thinking of ordering them from bargainfittings. The chiller has 1/2 MPT male threads on it. I am really bad at figuring out which ones will work best and need some help. I was thinking that a 1/2 female cam lock for each would work for the wort in/out and then a high temp hose and clamps. Does that sound right? Then for the water a fitting to hook up to a garden hose and then to the chiller and then another female cam lock on the out for the water out Im thinking. can someone please guide me in the right direction?

can anyone give me a suggestion on what to buy at bargainfittings? I couldn't find any garden hose fitting at their website, unless its just a regular 1/2 nut. for the fittings and hoses i put together so far I am looking at around $70 does that seem like a lot for plumbing?

I just ordered the same chiller. I use camlocks, but have the females on all of the hoses, males on vessels and chiller. I bought 1/2 fpt x female hose thread, and 1/2 fpt x male hose thread fittings at Lowes for the water in/out. I use 1/2 inch stainless couplers on the wort in/out, and thread the male camlocks there. I think you'll want the female camlocks on the hoses.

Back