Which Coopers Kit would you mix with Red Bull? (Serious Question)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer-Baron

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

You might remember me from my Ovaltine Beer Experiment.(https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/i-am-currently-fermenting-ovaltine-294176/)

Well I'm going to start up another one. I want to make an energy drink beer using quite a bit of redbull.

***Why a Coopers kit?***

This experiment will most likely create something that is pretty terrible. I don't really want to waste much time mashing, boiling, and whatnot for a beer that will probably end up being tossed. Coopers kits can be had local to me. So it is a choice of convenience.

If I am lucky enough to create a beverage thats worth drinking. This idea will be put back to the community where we can share ideas on making an all grain version.

I am thinking of using the English Bitter as the darker colour and extra hops will probably meld well with the red bull flavour.

What would you use?

So you want to homebrew Sparks.

Just buy some caffeine powder, ginseng, lysine, dopamine, creatine or whatever else there is in that garbage and mix it into some beer.

Bottle it, insert into a brown paper bag, and find some railroad tracks.

And when you drink it, stay the hell out of my neighborhood.

I am all for freedom..but that just sounds bad.( to me anyway.) why not do a chaser. slam a beer, drink a red bull.. he who pukes first wins.

I am all for freedom..but that just sounds bad.( to me anyway.) why not do a chaser. slam a beer, drink a red bull.. he who pukes first wins.

This is probably a better idea, but its not "Red Bull Beer". . . . if you know what I mean.

I followed the Ovaltine thing because I thought it had some merit. This is a train wreck, in my opinion. I don't want to watch but I probably just can't help myself.

I give you credit for thinking outside the box. I mean, Red Bull brewed with beer?!? Waaaaaay out there! ;)

Sugar free or regular? Id' go hefe if you can find it with sugar free. If you don't like it, take it to a frat house, they will think it's the greatest thing ever.

I would mix redbull with various styles to see what didn't induce vomiting. Barring that do something with licorice flavors. Jaeger and redbull isn't half bad. Why redbull though? Monster is cheaper and would work great with a witbier if you did the khaos flavor. Just my $ .02

I think a redbull cider would be a better choice, the tart sweet flavours might work well with each other?

There stout can would be closer to the drink we used to get at BW3. or maybe The OS draught for more flavor from the red bull.

Red Bull has got to has one of the most disgusting flavors ever... But let me know when you go for an Ipecac Stout. I'd at least like to be there to watch from a safe distance.

Back