Where to get low presure burners?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eager_brewer

Face down on the floor
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I am tired of using my 20lb tanks 3 or more in a month. I do big batches that require a lot of boil time. So I am having the gas company run a line of my T valve in my garage and bring it down to floor level near the front of the garage with 2 quick disconnects. So I need to get low pressure burners. Now someday I want to build a brutus like system but for now I need the burners and neccesray equipment (burner stands, mounts and such) anyone know a good spot to get these and have any recomendations. I am way out of my comfort zone.

You should be able to just change out the burner orifices for the NG type or simply drill out the ones you have. This way you may be able to use the burners you already have. I'm not sure if this would work for all burners though.

It's interesting that there are three different brands with what looks like the same design. It's probably three different Chinese manufacturers cloning the products.

Hurricane Products Cajun Cookware Bayou Classic

f4dabf9c315fa6230cd3d5efff700ca6.jpg

b21c91f1a96bf1d753b1e8661d737cde.jpg

7d4234bdbe9e0642ed1fe3a123b98e1c.jpg

The BG14 looks like the throat is 1" longer.

I just noticed agrisupply actually notes "BG14" in the description and the picture confirms it.

64494.jpg

It's interesting that there are three different brands with what looks like the same design. It's probably three different Chinese manufacturers cloning the products.

Hurricane Products Cajun Cookware Bayou Classic

Yeah, I've examined those just as you have. They are damn close replicas, but there are tiny differences if you look very closely, but then it may just be the way they are photographed or whatever. I would guess that they all perform about the same. I do know that the one my buddy has puts out one heck of a lot of heat. More heat than I want or need and it also guzzles propane in the process big time. I would be interested to know how well they operate on NG.

what Would be needed to make these work on natral gas?

All you would need is a natural gas orifice. You can drill out the smaller propane orifices to enlarge the port, but I'm not sure what size it should be. You could probably google up that info without too much trouble. All I know is that the NG orifice will be considerably larger than the LP types. Also, you won't need a regulator when using NG, but you will still need a control valve of some kind.

Back