Where to get Apples

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archer

Reaction score
Okay, so its the middle of the winter in Minnesota, where can I get apples suitable for pressing now? I hope I don't have to wait until next fall!

Use frozen unfiltered juice? Samo samo.. You can get different varieties and mix.. Or just go to walmart and get Musslemans.. it's nice stuff. and only $4.95/g or there abouts. Makes good HAC.

Orchards should have plenty. We will have apples stored until march/April.

MoPar, What State are you located in? Seems like all the orchards around here are closed for winter, etc.

MoPar, What State are you located in? Seems like all the orchards around here are closed for winter, etc.

North East Indiana. Wolf Lake, Indiana to be exact.

I can freeze and ship you cider if you would like. Shipping cost would be high though.

Stop out if your in the area.:mug:

http://benderappleorchard.com/

If the local orchard do not have adequate storage, then they would be out since picking season is over with now. Call and ask for cider apples. Even if they are frozen they are great for cider. As soon as they thaw they will rot within a day, so you would need to act quick.

Thanks! If I was located a few hours closer, I'd make the drive.

Look on the university of mn apple growing website. There should be an association that you can contact. I don't remember the name of it, and I'm at on the phone.

Latest posts

Back