Where to find a label for my CO2 tank?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJP

Reaction score
Went to fill my new CO2 tank today at Linweld and was told they could not fill it without the label on the cylinder. The neck has the needed stamps to show it has been hydrotested but they wont fill it without the label on the bottle. they said they did not provide them nor did they know where to find one, anyone able to help me out here?

Should look like this:

LotImg43991.jpg

Any gas supplier should have them. I think all the ones on mine have all fallen off long ago. Maybe a KS thing....

Mine didn't have one, they slapped one on for me when I had it filled. Try someone else.

Unless you are attached to the bottle you have, just swap it for a full one. They will test and label your old one and put it back into the market. Cost of swaps versus filling should be minimal. If you haven't already done so, contact Matheson Gas at 785-537-0395 and see if they can help.

Matheson gas is who I used. They won't exchange or fill as it doesn't have the sticker. I should note that I have a 7lb steel tank that is long and skinny so they probably wouldn't exchange even if it had a sticker. I did find a sticker online and ordered it though.

Pressurized gas technically falls under hazardous materials. Matheson are lying if the claim to not have those stickers.

Worked in the business for 20 year, this is the first time I have heard this one. I would check with other suppliers, it may be a KS thing.

AJP said:
I did find a sticker online and ordered it though.

Damn the man. Never had a sticker in multiple states...go somewhere else or when captainsticker isn't there. I hope the sticker cost less than the gas money to drive to another place.

I know I worked a place that exchange tanks. The guy picking up tanks could not take them if there was no lable on tank. He some times had lables but not always. Its a DOT thing.

Back