Where to eat /drink in Ashville NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwise

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm taking a road trip down to ashville next week, for a four day family vacation. The amount of breweries is intense to say the least. Does anyone have any recommendations for best breweries to go to and what I should order. Also any recommendations on good food and activities to do would be awesome!

I'm taking a road trip down to ashville next week, for a four day family vacation. The amount of breweries is intense to say the least. Does anyone have any recommendations for best breweries to go to and what I should order. Also any recommendations on good food and activities to do would be awesome!
Green Man and Wicked Weed are great breweries right downtown. Asheville Pizza and Brewing is pretty solid as well.

Tupelo Honey is a good breakfast place downtown as well. Not a brewery type place but great southern food.

Highland has a good tour and is the brewery that started the Asheville scene. It's on the south east side of town.

Barleys Taproom is good for trying different beers from all over the place.

Also, check out Bruisin Ales which has the best beer selection I've ever seen but they close at like 6pm.

As for activities, hiking on the Blue Ridge Parkway is always solid. There are a few different brewery tours as well (Highland is always good). Just spending time in the downtown area is a trip. Very unique mix of all types of people.

If you get really bored, go to the Jimmy John's downtown, ask for Nick, tell him " Drew sent me" and give him a hard time for not serving beer.

Last edited:
Was just there at the end of March. If you can get into either Sierra Nevada or New Belgium, worth the time. Sierra Nevada has some tremendous food. You may need to make reservations for a tour there, and yes for New Belgium.

And I would recommend the White Labs taproom and restaurant. The food is great, and they typically will have multiple beers on tap, brewed from the same recipe except for the yeast. Quite the eye-opener. They do have tours of the lab, but I think it's only on Saturday.

There’s a pile of breweries around wicked weed. Look around Collier ave. Burial is one of my favorites. And the funkatorium is cool with a lot of sours.

Braxton hall is a solid bbq spot in that area. Look up Curate for a restaurant too. Super shmancy Spanish food, wifey loves that place. More of a wine scene than beers.

If you are spending time in the area, Fanta Flora is about an hour away in Morganton, NC. Totally worth the trip, considering Asheville traffic. They do a lot of make a lot of amazing beers. It’s a lot of local ingredients and experimental, one off beers so there’s some losers but when that guy nails it it’s amazing.

I loved the food and beer at wicked weed. There are lots of small places around town that are awesome too. The Biltmore is a great experience. We were there a couple of winters ago. My kids loved the place named after someone's dog (I don't remember it being special). There were all sorts of old world crafts like wood working and looming on display. There is a wine tasting that will give the kids juice so they feel included. It was a great day.

Latest posts

Back