Where to drink near Kissemmee, FLO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xjiefx

Reaction score
Hey there fellow drinkers/brewers from the south...

I'm going on a trip to Florida and I'll be staying in the Kissemmee area. I was wondering if you guys could point out a couple of good places to get a drink or 2. Maybe a brew pub or something?!? I don't mind doing a little of road to get there.

So, if anyone knows that area, I would be thankful if you could help me out!

thanks!

I know of a couple around here:
The Orlando Brewing Company which is a microbrewery near downtown Orlando

Or

Bogard's on International Drive. It's kind of a touristy place,but they have pretty good slection of beers available.

Or

Check out "The Ale House", which is a chain whose name is based on where you are (for example around here it's the Orlando Ale House). They don't necessarily serve micros, but they have a decent selection.

Unfortuneatley, it's tough to find a good beer in these parts. When are you going to be here? Wouldn't mind downing a pint with a fellow HBT'er:mug:

Brewpub? Not that I know of... let me know if somebody knows more than I do

One of the Disney resorts has a brewpub. I haven't been there myself, but it's called the Big River Grille & Brewing Works at the Boardwalk Resort.

If you head east (Melbourne) a little bit to goto the beaches there is Charlie and Jakes on Whickam and Coasters on Eau Gallie and A1A.

Charlie & Jakes is okay.... PubCrawler says Coasters isnt bewing but I know back in January it was bought by some one in our brew club so I am sure that has changes. They (used too) have great sandwiches. Havent been there in a year or so though.
http://pubcrawler.com/Template/ReviewWC.cfm/flat/Brewerid=2629
http://www.pubcrawler.com/Template/ReviewWC.cfm/flat/BrewerID=2630

-Dan- said:
Brewpub? Not that I know of... let me know if somebody knows more than I do
They just opened a BJ's near the Mall at Millenia. It's a nationwide chain. The beers and food are pretty good, but based on the service I got there last time, I wouldn't recommend it to ANYONE!!

There is a decent one in Saint Augustine (if you want to drive that far north). It's called A1A Aleworks. Stopped in a few weeks ago w/SWMBO. She's not a big beer drinker period, but even she liked their offerings.

Thanks for all of your answers!!! really appreciate it. I'll have to check with our schedule if I can squeeze some of those locations in.

cheezydemon said:
(not that it matters but it is FLA)

Sorry about that. In french, Florida has no "A" (Floride) so I tought it would be FLO!!!

If you need any more advice/suggestions, let me know. I used to work at one of the parks here so I know alot about the whole "tourist" thing. Feel fre to PM me.

Bad Shark Brew said:
They just opened a BJ's near the Mall at Millenia. It's a nationwide chain. The beers and food are pretty good, but based on the service I got there last time, I wouldn't recommend it to ANYONE!!
I have been there once at the end of last year. Food, beer, and service was great; however, they don't brew there. So not really a brewpub IMO.

Virtuous said:
If you head east (Melbourne) a little bit to goto the beaches there is Charlie and Jakes on Whickam and Coasters on Eau Gallie and A1A.
LOL...that will be a culture shock. :D

-Dan- said:
I have been there once at the end of last year. Food, beer, and service was great; however, they don't brew there. So not really a brewpub IMO.

When I was there a couple of months ago, they had tanks and what not and were in the process of piping them. I talked to the guy at the bar and he said they were going to start brewing on site this summer. Might stop in and see just to have a beer at the bar. They do have a pretty good APA.

Interesting! Well looks like I will go back (was my plan anyway :D). The pizza is awesome there :rockin: And beer is pretty decent too. :mug:

Oh what ever you do, DO NOT stop in at Nemos on 192. We were in kissimme looking for some seafood. Nasty Nasty Nasty

-Dan- said:
LOL...that will be a culture shock. :D

Oh... We're just a little off center over here :)

You might want to check out Germany and United Kingdom, possibly Mexico...You'd also have to pay for an EPCOT admission ticket though :D

FishinDave07 said:
You might want to check out Germany and United Kingdom, possibly Mexico...You'd also have to pay for an EPCOT admission ticket though :D

Epcot is an awesome place, but it's not great for beer. It's almost all (very expensive) macrobrews and the major imports you can get anywhere.

ArcaneXor said:
Epcot is an awesome place, but it's not great for beer. It's almost all (very expensive) macrobrews and the major imports you can get anywhere.

They do make pretty wicked margaritas in Mexico, though. We have to plan for that, cuz after a couple of those it's lights out for SWMBO:tank:

Bad Shark Brew said:
They do make pretty wicked margaritas in Mexico, though. We have to plan for that, cuz after a couple of those it's lights out for SWMBO:tank:

Just don't make the mistake and ask for a salt rim on your Mango Margarita... like I did one time last year. *shudders* What was I thinking?

But yes, the Big River Grille Brewpub may definitely be worth a visit. It is a 10-minute walk or boat ride from the Epcot International Gateway exit (the one in the World Showcase).

Hey guys just say this post. i live in orlando myself. The orlando brewery sucks to be quit honest (or atleast i didn't like there beers). BJ's is ok. The beer is good but like others said the service is lacking.

If you looking to buy some beer i recomend knightly Sprits in Metro West (email me if u want more info on that) they have like 1000+ different brews from around the world.

If you in Kissimmi off of 192 toward disney are a cuple of English pubs that have seom great food.

In festivable bay off of I-drive is a cool bar w/ hand drawn beers. And i can't remeber the name of it.

If i think of more i'll let u guys know. Have fun down here.

Hey Guys!!! Just came back from my trip to FLA!

We really had a good time and we visited a couple of your suggestions.

First, we tried to find a HOPS in Orlando for a couple of drinks and some food. We entered the name in the GPS we had in the rental car and it took us somewhere where there was no HOPS! :mad: BAD GPS... BAD!!!

A couple of days later we went to Orlando Brewing. I really liked that place. Here's a picture of the SWMBO with the taster thing. (11 of their beers)
1761330972_small.jpg

(note here the expression on her face saying: ME THIRSTY!!!)

Most of the beer were pretty good. We also ate some good fresh baked pretzel and the music was really good too.

After going to there, we went to the ale house to get some food. I didn't really like the place. Beer selection was not bad but the "ambiance" was really bad. And the food was too. But that's a little bit of my fault. I'll explain: as I wrote sooner in the post, I usualy speak french... I ordered a chicken burger and the waitress asked if I wanted it hot. I said to myself... What a silly question, I surely want it hot... who in the world likes its burger cold... So I answered yes! 3 second after the waitress left the table, I said to SWMBO: "Estie que je suis cave. Je viens de me commander un burger épicé. Mais moi je pensais qu'elle me demandait si le le voulais chaud..." ("swear word" that I'm stupid. I just ordered a spicy burger. I tought she asked me if I wanted it hot or cold). I tought that it wouldn't be that bad... But unfortunately it was that bad. That's it for the ale house. At least we could watch the hockey game between Detroit and Dallas.

We also went to Big River Brew & Grill in disney's Boardwalk resort. Nice place. Good Beer too. Not super good but, good. And really good food.

Once again, thanks for your suggestions. We really had a blast in FLA!!!

HAHA! thats funny about the "hot" chicken burger.

Tres Bien!

(That is all i remember from 3 years of French back in highschool)

Back