Where to buy stainless quick disconnects?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paradigm

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I posted this in the general beer discussion forum on accident, and since I can't move it... I guess I'll just post it again in the correct forum:

Hi all,

I'm looking to upgrade my equipment a bit. I brewed with my friend's father in secret for my friend's wedding in his gorgeous brewery setup and I was completely infatuated with the cleanliness and ease of his quick disconnect / chugger pump setup.

Pricing out my upgrade to 1/2" ID tubing with quick disconnects (females on the tubes, males on the hardware) I'm looking at ~$120. Each pair of male / female connections are $20! At least where I've looked.

Anyone know where I can save some money buying a good amount of stainless quick disconnects?

In the other post someone suggested cam locks, but I'm not really interested in those despite the advantages touted.

You just gotta plunk down for the proper hardware, it sucks but is totally worth it in the long run. I've bought from Bargain Fittings, Brew Hardware, Stainless Brewing and probably at least a couple other places over the years. There really aren't any amazing deals to be found, unless you're prepared to buy a hundred of a thing.

I would encourage you to look at Brew Hardware. He's got some (slightly more expensive) fittings that are really cool and eliminate some fittings. For example, the high flow 90 and the female camlock to highflow barb. They're a bit more, sure, but they also eliminate a fitting and reduce the areas that need to be cleaned long term. I bought my stuff before all that was around and while it's net neutral for me to upgrade, I've considered it heavily for the reduction in need to take apart the fittings once a year for proper cleaning.

Cheers & hope that helps ease the pain!

We've decided, and we're going with the Camlocks, thanks everyone. We're on BrewHardware.com, everyone on here seems to love them and Bobby M and I haven't been steered wrong here before.

We're pricing everything out so we qualify for free shipping and pulling the trigger on Saturday. $300 later, maybe I'll post some pics. It's like Christmas in April.

Back