Where to buy push connects, besides Morebeer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scout

Reaction score
This is kinda specialized, I have a four tap keezer with one tap dedicated to water. My water always tastes bad, so i am putting in a water filter and am looking for a push connect that is 1/4 NPT to 1/4 hose (EVA barrier) and is 90*. Also, a 90* that would screw on my beer shank and be 1/4" hose.

For the push to connect 90° with NPT threads, you need to search “John Guest” fittings. Many water supply system companies sell them. There are both male and female pipe thread options. The 90° for the beer shank is a little trickier. Are your taps in a tower or collar? Depending on space restrictions, this combination would work for completing a 90° connection.
72670573-1297-4DEB-8BA3-46C4773A2139.jpeg
A6AFC2D3-BCC9-44E7-8940-03E39E100009.jpeg
If you’re working in a tower, there are a couple shanks available, but they are supposedly only for Intertap and Nukatap faucets respectively. There are conflicting reviews whether or not they work with Perlicks.
ACA26F03-4DB7-47E9-A1ED-02D24112D346.jpeg
7DBF4193-7AD6-41F6-B992-F6281C19159C.png

For DuoTight fittings I found a lot from Williams Brewing and Amazon. I'm looking to convert my beer lines now then later on the CO2 lines.
Several folks here have given me advice with good luck using John Guest fittings too. I haven't settled on which ones I'll go with right now, still deciding on the best route and all the right fittings and hose.

EVABarrier is 5/16" (8 mm), unless it's 9 mm. But yes on the John Guest or Duotight. For Duotight try BrewHardware.com - High end, practical homebrewing hardware, accessories and ingredients for making beer, wine, mead, and cider.; sometimes they've got stuff other places don't.

I've had trouble finding push-to-connect on one side and NPT on the other, and have done NPT-flare, followed by flare-to-Duotight.
Evabarrier also comes in 6.35mm OD which is the same as 1/4" OD tubing.

I've seen right angle shank 5/8" BSP to ptc but I am not sure what the tubing size was.

For DuoTight fittings I found a lot from Williams Brewing and Amazon. I'm looking to convert my beer lines now then later on the CO2 lines.
Several folks here have given me advice with good luck using John Guest fittings too. I haven't settled on which ones I'll go with right now, still deciding on the best route and all the right fittings and hose.

You'll kick yourself wondering why you didn't switch sooner. The EVA/Duotight has been my favorite upgrade in this hobby. I bought a lot of mine from William's too. Most of my line I got from Bobby_M.

Here's the 1/4"npt X 1/4" 90. I don't know why the first 90 has an F at the end. The description does note the elbow goes into a female NPT so IMO it is mislabeled. Now if it is so tight you can't rotate that 90, you could go with a 1/4"NPT x 1/4" ptc adapter and use a 1/4" 90 like @camonick said with the shank. That would also provide a benefit of not needing to get the 90 correctly rotated to seat on the threads. Same thought for the shanks too. It'll probably add a small amount of depth.

As far as the beer thread to tubing right angle, I recall seeing it after I converted my jockey box to ptc as I didn't use them there and it would have been slightly cleaner looking so I searched them. It's possible I missed noting that there was the additional 90 added but I think I priced them even. Sorry can't find them.

thanks everyone, I'll check out each of those links to see if I can find what I want.

I was in the garage last night looking and thought I'd take a pic of what I have. Everything fits, but the issue is getting an empty keg out without removing another keg. Maybe I can swap my 5 gallon water keg for a 2.5 gallon keg and stack the filter and water. Does anyone know the height of a 2.5 gallon keg?

Attachments

• 20230226_173233.jpg
    20230226_173233.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
thanks everyone, I'll check out each of those links to see if I can find what I want.

I was in the garage last night looking and thought I'd take a pic of what I have. Everything fits, but the issue is getting an empty keg out without removing another keg. Maybe I can swap my 5 gallon water keg for a 2.5 gallon keg and stack the filter and water. Does anyone know the height of a 2.5 gallon keg?
Move your manifold over to the right behind your CO2 tank. Then shift your three black kegs back to front and front to back. Water filter on the front wall or side wall. Then you can get two of the three out. You could also replace the shanks with shorter shanks and possibly get the middle one out from the front. A skinnier ball lock in the middle might also tip out but depends on the height you have left between the top of the ball lock keg and the shank. Or potentially two ball locks on either side of the middle keg, that would open up some space and maybe you could tilt the middle one past the shank. They make small shanks that are two inches or so.

Move your manifold over to the right behind your CO2 tank. Then shift your three black kegs back to front and front to back. Water filter on the front wall or side wall. Then you can get two of the three out. You could also replace the shanks with shorter shanks and possibly get the middle one out from the front. A skinnier ball lock in the middle might also tip out but depends on the height you have left between the top of the ball lock keg and the shank. Or potentially two ball locks on either side of the middle keg, that would open up some space and maybe you could tilt the middle one past the shank. They make small shanks that are two inches or so.
I'll see if that works. If not, I'll move the tank outside the keezer and move the filter in its spot. Shouldn't ba a problem after that.

Back