Where to buy equipment?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmetal

Reaction score
Been out of the game a while. Sold all my stuff several years back.

Where is a good spot to buy some perlicks and shanks?

And beer line of course.

Don't need rush shipping or anything. Just looking to build a keezer.

Micromatic has a good selection of draft equipment and decent prices / shipping. Don't think they carry Perlick faucets, though.

Now that MoreBeer has 2 shipping centers, pretty much the whole country is within 1 or 2 days shipping.

I got my beer & gas line on Amazon. Just the cheap stuff... I'd rather replace it every year than spend a ton on the high-end stuff. In my opinion once a sour or very dark beer has gone through a line I just think it's easier to throw it out then try to clean it.

And what about temperature controllers for freezers nowadays?

I am gonna keep mine outside through winter so I need something that handles the lamps/warmers for when it gets cool, and for the freezer when it gets warm.

That make sense? What do we use nowadays? Rancos?

I've bought my perlick faucets from ritebrew recently, as I recall them having good deals. In the past, I also bought from farmhouse brewing.

For temperature controllers, there are a lot of good cheap options now. You can get them off amazon for around $15 or so, I think one model is the STC-1000, and some can even be flashed if you desire custom controls.

I wish these models had been out when I bought all my love controllers, some were around $50 and the probe was separate!

I just bought a bunch of stuff from these two places to convert a vintage Westinghouse fridge (circa 1950). I searched around for what I wanted and split the order due to some things being better priced at one or the other. For what I wanted, these two places had the best prices.

From Keg Connection I bought the 2 tap fridge conversion kit with two line distributor and Perlick 630SS's, a gas line extension kit for a 3rd keg and a party faucet/line/disconnect.

From AIH, I got a 10 lb CO2 tank, three 5-gal pinlocks, one 3-gal pinlock, keg faucet adapter (a faucet to fit on the 3-gal corny with a pin lock disconnect), CO2 keg charger for the 3-gal with 3 extra 16g CO2 cartridges for the 3 gal corny, and 3 sets of O-rings. I plan on using the 3-gal corny for tailgates, parties, etc. and wanted easy portability.

Everything was under $500 delivered. If you want the basic kit to convert a fridge/keezer, Keg Connection could set you up for under $300 with the CO2 tank.

I'd recommend looking at various sites based on what you want. :mug:

Thanks y'all.

When I used to keg and keezer before the 630 didn't exist. Is it worth the extra cost? I bought 2 regulars, and I am getting ready to set stuff up today, I'm pretty sure I can comfortably add 2 more taps to the setup. Should I go 630ss?

I would highly recommend it if you have the cash for it. I am in the process of unifying all my faucets to the 650ss, and I already have stainless forward sealing faucets!

Yeah, the 630s in stainless were definitely worth it to me. I noticed a huge difference in the pour, not to mention how pretty they are.

The 525 had the ball closure, the 425 had the shuttle closure system. I currently have both (plus ventmatics and some 650ss faucets).

Check out ritebrew.com. I found he had the best prices on faucets, lines, and the other stuff I needed.

Back