Where do you buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My local homebrew supply had them in stock, but you can find them at www.freshops.com They should be all out by this time. You need to plant the rhizomes in the spring. They become available in March or April.

hop cuttings/seeds. sorry, i'm kind of ignorant to the process.

Most people grow hops from rhizomes and they are available in the early spring. Your LHBS might have them then but you would have better luck buying them from one of the online vendors like Freshops or from an online LHBS such as Northern Brewer or Austin Homebrew.

When it comes to ordering Rhizomes for March of '09- Do any online retailers have waiting lists that you can sign up for now or do you have to wait until they are available and order first come first serve

They typically wait until closer to when the rhizomes are available before posting a listing of varieties and prices.

i've gotten all my whole hops and cuttings from freshhops the last year and a half. i've had nothing but good service from them, as well as reasonable prices/shipping.

Wherever you order from, order as early as possible. The earlier you order, the better the rhizomes you are likely to get.

Start on your soil prep this fall.

If you are looking for books on the subject, I'd recommend "The Homebrewer's Garden" which covers growing hops,among other things.

Good luck.

i have only brewed 1 batch so far an American pal, I was looking to start growing some, what is a normal, or, a good (%) i should get, i see there is a lot of %'s don't know what they mean?

Latest posts

Back