Where Do I Find An Ice Chest Thing to Store Fermentors?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinBeerber

Reaction score
I store my fermenting buckets/carboys in my pantry, but I'd like to keep my temps lower than the temp in there, so I'd like to put it into a flexible cooler that I can just put some frozen 2 liters in with buckets to keep temps lower. I'm looking for a two three bucket/carboy sized thang.

Thanks

Check the equipment section on here. I put up a coupon for a Great Freezer at sears.

inexpensive storage containers from WalMart.

I have one that's big enough for 2 of my 6.5gal buckets + a couple gallon milk/water jugs filled with ice

been able to keep ferment temps down in the high 50°s/low 60°s depending on the season

Buy some rigid pink insulation and cut it up to make an insulated box, whatever size you want. Use duck tape to keep it together.

here's what I'm talking about.

30 gallon container, looked big enough for 2 FVs and is <$9

IMG_9746.jpg

Check the equipment section on here. I put up a coupon for a Great Freezer at sears.

I've noticed some of you are using freezers for storage. I ain't that deep in the hobby yet, but maybe one day. Do you freeze your fermenting chambers, or can the temp be set low to like 60?

Yes, I meant that.

But you can't go wrong with this for cheaper can you?

Their different, that bag will keep it colder longer with less work because the entire thing is insulated. That said its also very expensive, if your spending $50 on a bag your better off just spending $50-100 on a used fridge off Craigslist.

If your looking for the tubs, check out good will or salvation army or whatever those types of stores you have around.

A lot of people donate old ones and you can get them for a few dollars.

Back