When people say it tastes like a...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should have asked how the hoe from his garden tasted... :eek: Or is it a ho in the garden? If his SO was there, it could have been even better. :D

Or, Oh so that's how your wife tastes. I didn't realize she liked to garden so much.

In a thread about a year ago someone was told at a competition by a judge that his beer tasted "like wet baby diaper." Some people who have been judges at competitions disagreed with me, but I still think there were constructive ways of saying the same thing that didnt reek so bad of ******.

With all that said the weirdest thing anyone has said about my mead was "its too much for me flavorwise. There are no off flavors or anything wrong with it perse, but its not my thing." Still dont know what I should have taken away from that! ha!

In a thread about a year ago someone was told at a competition by a judge that his beer tasted "like wet baby diaper." Some people who have been judges at competitions disagreed with me, but I still think there were constructive ways of saying the same thing that didnt reek so bad of ******.

That begs to have the question asked of how the person KNOWS what a "wet baby diaper" tastes like. :D

With all that said the weirdest thing anyone has said about my mead was "its too much for me flavorwise. There are no off flavors or anything wrong with it perse, but its not my thing." Still dont know what I should have taken away from that! ha!

Translation: It's too good for me. :(

How does one find out what wet baby diaper tastes like anyway, I think it would be more relevant to you a descriptor that people may have tasted before. Like "wet dog" :D

Seriously though, people need to be nice.

My feelings were hurt when my ex-gf's roommate happily described my homemade pot of sauce as "tasting just like Ragu!" but I would have been appaplectic if she said it tasted like wet baby diaper.

If at the end of the night the kegs are drained, it really doesn't matter what they say your beer "tastes like".

Halloween_2012_Kegs.jpg

My dad (78) has loved just about any beer, wine, scotch he's ever drank. Every single homebrew I have ever given him (22 years of brewing) he always say's "mmm, taste just like a Sam Adam's!" From wheat beers, Belgian beers, porters, whatever. Actually, the only beer that he didn't like was a Heady Topper. "Frightful", I believe was his assessment.

-Mike

My dad (78) has loved just about any beer, wine, scotch he's ever drank. Every single homebrew I have ever given him (22 years of brewing) he always say's "mmm, taste just like a Sam Adam's!" From wheat beers, Belgian beers, porters, whatever. Actually, the only beer that he didn't like was a Heady Topper. "Frightful", I believe was his assessment.

-Mike

Heehee. About 10 years ago I introduced my grandfather to guinness extra stout. "Tastes like spearmint" :confused:

I still scratch my noggin over that one.

My neighbors come over for beer on the weekends and sometimes their daughters and friends. I had a girl taste my IIPA and said "I like this, it tastes like Guiness" I started telling her about the difference in styles and when I saw her eyes were glassing over from stimulating lesson about beer I just said "all that matters is you like it".....:mug:

If someone says that your beer tastes like something they like, then it is a compliment.

I effing HATE guinness, but when I am told that my darker than your soul stout tastes like Guinness, I know it is a compliment. They don't have the tools.

If someone says that it tastes like hoegarten or dogfishhead 90 minute, then they should bloody well know what they are doing, so you remove the glass of beer from thier hand, and dump it over their head.

Hahaha. Very true. I think he is aware of 90 min but never tried it. He really likes the 60 min. Comparing my beer to any DFH is probably the best compliment I've ever gotten though.

If at the end of the night the kegs are drained, it really doesn't matter what they say your beer "tastes like".

View attachment 89598

This is the metric I use as well. While I appreciate the sentiment, I usually disregard comments/compliments about my beer as anything other than politeness. The true measure of what someone thinks of your beer is if they go get a second glass. The true measure of how good your beer was overall (for me) is how much is left in the keg at the end of the party (or how fast it's kicked and to what lengths people will go to get the last few pints out when you ran out of CO2 charges at thanksgiving dinner at your in-laws.)

What the heck? Have we gone totally ghetto these days? Where's the famed rolling garbage pail kegerator? Did it bite the dust?

Heh heh...

This was a last minute impromptu thing. The "Roller" is used to serve at other places. I just threw that ghetto setup together. Though only 20 feet away was this guy.... Next time I'll roll him out to the front and class the place up a bit.

DripTray_New1.jpg

Back