Wheelchair Barleywine Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncan83865

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone attempted the Wheelchair Barleywine Clone recipe in this month's issue of BYO? I've debated doing a barleywine for awhile, and for some reason this one seemed interesting. I've never had the original, so that's why I'm curious if anyone brewed it or is thinking about brewing it?

I was wondering the exact same thing. I read some mixed reviews about this beer so I may choose to brew my first barleywine with a different recipe. That and the 180 min boil doesn't sound very fun.

I was wondering the exact same thing. I read some mixed reviews about this beer so I may choose to brew my first barleywine with a different recipe. That and the 180 min boil doesn't sound very fun.

Where did you read the reviews? Also, I figured the 3 hour boil would be helpful considering a lot of barleywine recipes I've seen might not fit in my mash tun.

There were a small number of reviews on beeradvocate, ratebeer and untappd I believe. They weren't bad enough to deter me from brewing but they weren't exactly rave reviews.. I just built a 60qt mash tun so I want to put it to good use!

Back