Wheat wine with wlp007 stalled????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brkstoutfeind

Reaction score
I brewed a wheat wine using a starter made from two vials of wlp007. Last night, after 9 days in the primary I racked it onto 10lbs of fresh apricots and today there is little to no activity. Could I have overwhelmed the yeast or could it have burned through the apricots in the 10 hours between me racking it and checking on it? I know this is a hearty strain and I am confused as to why it hasn't started a secondary fermentation. It started so strong in the primary I had to use a blow off tube.....

Mini-mash
5 lbs WLME
1 lb EPLME
3 lbs WDME
1 lb red wheat
1 lb pilsner malt
1 lb torrified wheat
1.5 lbs honey
60min 1oz Sorachi Ace .5 oz Northern Brewer
20min 1oz magnums .5oz SA
10min 1.5lbs honey
5min .5 oz SA and .5 oz NB
I left in the primary for 9 days where it fermented nicely but after I racked onto the apricots there has been virtually none until I stirred gently a few hours ago but even after that not much. Should I re-pitch? I was considering drying it out with some champagne yeast anyway. Thank you for your reply!

I'm thinking that it did. I didn't take a reading because I pureed the apricots so I thought they would affect it. I'm going to let it settle a bit more then take a reading and a taste. Thanks

Back