What's your profession?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw, don't worry B-K... Put enough time into that welding thing and you'll be able to work your way up to Area Idiot in no time.

I've seen your posts here and your front page interview. You've got the raw talent, son.... You just got to apply yourself!

Have you considered plastics?

:)

Did you have to go to college for that one or is there an online course I could look into?:D

I have a BS in computer Science. You could go to Mitchell tech in South Dakota and get associates degree in satellite communications.

A quick shout out and thanks to all of men and women here that have served and are serving in our military! You all are awesome and are the ones that make it possible for the rest of us to have the freedom to homebrew!

THANKS!!!!:mug:

I spent three years of my five in undergrad in EE, but ended up with a business degree. Mostly because I couldn't decide what I wanted to do for work. Now I do contract administration (I deal with our major OE customers that are under contract to buy parts from us, mostly helicopter fuel pumps and ECUs) for an aerospace company. The things we build are interesting but my job is crap. On the upside, the business degrees should help with this whole crazy "make a living making and selling beer" thing I'm trying for.

BS URI '05, MBA UConn '07

I'll always be an Engineer at heart (telecom) but hit the ceiling so had to move on. I'm now a Bids & Proposals manager. Have been with the same company for little over 29 years.

Man. Where did all the time go??...

I spent three years of my five in undergrad in EE, but ended up with a business degree. Mostly because I couldn't decide what I wanted to do for work. Now I do contract administration (I deal with our major OE customers that are under contract to buy parts from us, mostly helicopter fuel pumps and ECUs) for an aerospace company. The things we build are interesting but my job is crap. On the upside, the business degrees should help with this whole crazy "make a living making and selling beer" thing I'm trying for.

BS URI '05, MBA UConn '07

Good to hear. I am almost done with my BBA and will be transitioning into an MBA program. Unsure of concentration likely financial management but would like to someday brew for a living and run a small brewpub and/or work as an investment and financial manager.

Currently active duty Army as a medic, in addition to being a student working on premed. Aiming at attending medical school and then a residency for anesthesia. I plan on serving for a decent period of time as a medical officer for the Army, but who knows? Plans have a tendency to change. Brewing is my stress relief, this and my two kids.

In grad school, my concentrations were operations management and independent business/consulting or some such nonsense. Bonus was that for one of my small business classes we had to write a ground-up small business plan over the course of the semester...guess what mine was (and still is) :D

I spent 20 yrs in the commercial fishing industry after the Air force gig. I was a marine engineer and then ships captain. Bering Sea and Bristol Bay Alaska. Deadliest catch before it was cool lol. Then I ran dealerships. Cars, trucks and RVs. Now semi retired at Boeing.

As the name would suggest, I'm a CPA. I don't know anyone else in my profession that is a home brewer!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Insurance claims adjuster, former police k9 handler and us navy corpsman 1995 to 05

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

RETIRED! But I was a general contractor with 25 guys specializing in odd voltage and DC systems. Before that I was a systems administrator specializing in sun Microsystems. EE and MBA. But thanks to my new passion, my "I love me wall" is now holding plans for my next furniture project and my next beer recipe.

Lots of public service up in here. I just made the move from full time firefighter to full time cellarman at Jackie O's. Going to be brewing there soon. Quite excited.

Back