What's your profession?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a retired Guitar teacher, I have a Tango argentino dance school and since six years I'm brewing. I did a one day brewing course six years ago and since then I'm brewing regularly. Pale ale, IPA, Barley wine, Imperial porter are my favorites. Next project will be a strong Scotch ale. That's wy I'm reading the book 'Scotch ale' by Gregory J. Noonan.

Yeah it is pretty much backwards. I just decided life was too short to do a job I hated. Best decision I ever made.

The wife has informed me that this counts as my mid life crisis though, so no Corvette for me.

It is a good job and I have to say the retirement is even better. It’s only been two months, I’ll start working again in n September. Stay safe!

It is a good job and I have to say the retirement is even better. It’s only been two months, I’ll start working again in n September. Stay safe!

Congrats! That’s what I want to be when I grow up. 9 years 10 months and six days for me but who’s counting?

Sound designer for theatre and sound editor/ designer for film and video.
Though now I'm mostly restoring an old house.

I am a Project Engineer with a renewable energy corporation where we reside at a sizable landfill where we use methane to make electricity and BIO Fuels. I got into brewing 21 years ago because it was much like my profession where you are hands on, engaged and where continuous improvement and challenges are a daily thing.

Criminal Investigator (Sgt.) for a mid-size sheriff's department.
25 years in, done a lot / seen a lot.
Patrol
SWAT
Training FTO....

ready to retire in 4 years, 3 months, 23 days, and 4 & 1/2 hours.
Sarge, you have the best name for a cop oriented brewery as your screen name! I love it. I'm also in law enforcement.

Yes you do. Now that I'm retired I'll be working here next month. They bought my 3 barrel system when I couldn't reach the amount of funding I was comfortable with for my own place.
IMG_2180.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_2180.PNG
    IMG_2180.PNG
    529 KB · Views: 66
Manage a calibration group and facility for radiation detection, measurement, and protection instrumentation for a national laboratory.

I am a Combat Medic in the ARMY, for over 15 years. I have Bachelors in Nursing, working on a Masters Degree in Public Health with a concentration on Community Health Education, and now my proud achievement...a HOMEBREWER!!!

Aerospace Engineering BS Texas A&M 1990, MBA - Management of Technology 1995, Active Duty USAF 27 years (retire in 12 months), and brewing for 12 years, whole grain with hopes of hoping a brewery in 5 years. I concur with the previous post about learning to brew by doing and not reading. However, I seem to run into more technical degree graduates than anything else. It is the art of creating something from scratch everyone else thinks is difficult. Engineers either problem solve, create or destroy. I prefer to brew beer and drink it. Na Zdrowie!

I’ma in Commercial Real Estate. Make too much money and great health benefits to make brewing a full time gig but homebrewing is just as fun and i often have time to collaborate on commercial brews.

I work for the gas company in my area. So not really a engineer but a VERY well rounded jack of all with a very good knowledge of natural gas. I mean really good idea if anyone needs some sort of advice on it well here I am.. Still learning to brew. Just did my first all grain. been brewing for about 6 years.

Back