What's your least favorite style and why?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BMC, particularly B. I just do not like the stuff. Even ice cold at a ball game. It still tastes like Chemical Al's failed experiment.

BMC, particularly B. I just do not like the stuff. Even ice cold at a ball game. It still tastes like Chemical Al's failed experiment.

Thank you for the hearty laugh! I can get into all styles of beer., its the certain "brands" that I dislike. Never cared for Heineken

I think there's a time and a place for every beer, but I don't see myself brewing 5 gallons of an IPA any time soon. I like an occasional IPA, but only once in a while. And not enough to make 5 gallons.

Anything 'Lite', and anything flavored with coffee. I love strong black coffee, but for some reason anything flavored with coffee (beer, cake, ice cream etc.) just makes me gag.

I'm an idiot. Moose Drool comes from Montana. :drunk:

I don't think it is around this area. I never saw it before anywhere so last night I went to a store I never go to but it is a big store and they did not have it either. I'll keep looking though.

If you have the opportunity please pick up Yards Brawler. It is a fantastic dark mild when enjoyed at basement temperatures. Yards is from Philly so you should be able to find it.

The store I stopped at last night only had Yards IPA so I got that. Yep, I don't really care for IPA or any other hoppy beers. I almost got lucky though, the spot in the rack where the Yards IPA was actually said Yards Variety Pack. That would have been perfect if they had that.

Oh, and at 7% I couldn't even drink them all. Had a hard time getting up this morning.

Mostly the IPA's. They remind me of a lot of mexican food. Anything that overwhelms the palate so one can't taste the original ingredients whether it be beer or food.

Love hops! I like most every kind of beer except sour beer. I just don't care for tart stuff. I am not fond of fruit, fruit candy, sour candy, etc.

Hop Bombs may be a fad, but I love them. Went to get some Hopslam on Sunday and they were out. Bells only ships them a case at a time and you have to ask for it at the counter.

I made 2.5 gallons of barleywine because I didn't want too many sitting around, but now i wonder if I screwed up and should have just gone with 5 gallons. It's kind of expensive to brew!

Mostly the IPA's. They remind me of a lot of mexican food. Anything that overwhelms the palate so one can't taste the original ingredients whether it be beer or food.

When you've had a few, you find that you CAN taste the stuff. There are lots of flavors in the hops that show up once you get past the bitterness. The best hop bomb IMO are the ones that are a bit less on bitter, and full on flavor and aroma. Piney, citrus, etc.

But like I don't like sour, some don't like bitter. :mug:

+1 on the BMC and overly hopped beers. I like a hoppy beer every now and again, but I am really not fond of bitterness that sticks in your mouth and totally overwhelms the palate. I won't drink BMC beer unless I am held down and forced...or unless I am desperate.

Not a big fan of maibocks, light american lagers, and most fruity beers. Everything has it's place, and I've been known to order the former two once in a while. But they just ain't for me.

Smoked beer. I have only tried a couple, but they are not my cup of beer! I love barbecue, and smoked meats. I love smoked food while drinking beer. But putting that smoke in the beer drives my senses nuts, and not in a good way.

I'm going to tell you what i like. So what i don't include i don't like.

The only beers i drink and prepared to brew is london and southwest england type bitters,copper,ruby red ales,and stouts.

My favorite easily available pub bitter is John Smiths. My favorite pub ale is copper ale. My favorite stout is Guinness.

If i'm buying specialty ales in bottles then it got to be Hobgoblin,followed closely by bishops fingers.

My favorite beer to brew is copper,ruby,dark ales.

Saying that there is loads of beers i haven't tried. One day i will brew a Belgian beer.

Don't Like: BMC-like stuff that should go thru the horse again, Barleywine

Really Don't Like: Sour beer

Hate with a passion: Lite beer

The store I stopped at last night only had Yards IPA so I got that. Yep, I don't really care for IPA or any other hoppy beers. I almost got lucky though, the spot in the rack where the Yards IPA was actually said Yards Variety Pack. That would have been perfect if they had that.

Oh, and at 7% I couldn't even drink them all. Had a hard time getting up this morning.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the IPA. I picked up their mixed case last time I was at the distributor (ESA, IPA, Brawler, Pale Ale). The Brawler was definitely my favorite of the group. I noticed that their IPA always gave me a terrible headache the next morning - not sure why, but I'll probably be staying clear of that one too.

The beer I dislike the most is Stout and then comes most other dark beers except Bock and some Dunkels. I don't care for IPAs or anything overly hopped. The first word that come to mind when I drink hoppy beers is astringent. I don't care for wheat beers either, they're too um...wheaty. I can't stand anything with fruit in it. I can't eat Blueberries since the time I had beer made with them.

The Beers that I like are Kolsch, Helles, Pilsner type beers and light to amber ales. If I could make a Beer like Urquell, I'd be in Beer Heaven.
I tried Reissdorf Kolsch last week and I was amazed. It had a nice crisp edge to it and it was full of body and character. Today I picked up some more Reissdorf and it was good but, just didn't have the same great flavor. So don't write the Kolsch Beers off after trying just a few.

Smoked beer. I have only tried a couple, but they are not my cup of beer! I love barbecue, and smoked meats. I love smoked food while drinking beer. But putting that smoke in the beer drives my senses nuts, and not in a good way.

+1, i had the schlerenka rauchbier and i could not get the smoked gouda taste out of my mouth for hours. other than that, i have rarely met a beer i did not like.

Back