What's your ingredient cost per pint?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your choice is your choice. Not criticizing you, I just found that price expensive even for a LHBS...mine charges $6.50.

I just brewed a big ole' barelywine.

1.100 OG including D2 syrup and Franco Belgian Pilsener base malt
3.75 oz hops
Propane

62 cents a pint.

I then used the second runnings to make a 1.046 pale ale at 38 cents a pint.

No one else noticed this ridiculous yeast cost? Where are you getting your liquid yeast Arcane? $9 is nuts.

I paid $10.00 for my last batch of liquid yeast. It did come packaged in a sixer of beer though. I had a terrific build up it went quick and is currently in the fermentor on a American wheat. The nice part is I only used 1/2 the yeast and still have 3 bottles for another batch.

I paid $10.00 for my last batch of liquid yeast. It did come packaged in a sixer of beer though. I had a terrific build up it went quick and is currently in the fermentor on a American wheat. The nice part is I only used 1/2 the yeast and still have 3 bottles for another batch.

Pacman yeast?

Pacman yeast?

No it was "Oberon" yeast. I'm not sure if it is the same as last year since the beer isn't the same as last year.
A lot of the stores here don't carry Rouge beer so I have to make a special trip. It's on my to do list though. Shakespeare stout.

Back