What's your favorite Micro brewery.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bells. I had their Chocolate Cherry Stout on cask a couple years ago. Amazing. I'm sure there's plenty of brewery's that consistently make great beers. But Bells is easy to find for me, even on tap.

I lived within walking distace to Founders in Grand Rapids for many years (prior to their move to the new location.) They are the reason I am obsessed with craft beer. I have not found a place with as many consistantly great beers as them. My vote is Founders!

I gotta go with dogfish head. everything i've ever had from there is awesome and different. locally i like Upland (in bloomington). Their brewpub is awesome and has kickass food.

Regardless of the number of excellent brewpubs and micros in Michigan, my favorite is still Great Lakes Brewing Co. out of Ohio.

Edmund Fitzgerald, Burning River, Christmas Ale, Dortmunder Gold.

Just a bundle of excellent beers.

my buddy is from Ohio and is always talking about Great Lakes Christmas ale, like its the nectar of the gods. I need to try some so I can make him something like it. Anybody out there know of a recipe for it?

This probably sounds cliche but ALL OF THEM!!!

Seriously tho, Highland Brewing Company, Bell's, Carolina Brewing Company, and Triangle Brewing Company (freaking great Habanero IPA).

I gotta go with dogfish head. Their brewpub is awesome and has kickass food.

I will vouch for the food...

We were in Ocean City last year for a car show and swung by the brewpub in Rehoboth Beach... Lots of good beer (Theobroma on tap!) and great food... Can't wait until next year...

:mug:

Three Floyds if I am in Indiana, Great Lakes if I am in Ohio, and Abita if I am in Lousiana

I would have to say Surly brewing in Minnesota is my top but a close second is the Boulder brewing company looking glass series, Nothing like a hazed and infused or a sweaty betty.

I think "which is your favorite" and "which would you choose if you could only ever drink beer from that one again" are different questions.

My answer to the latter would be Rogue, since they make so damn many.

The answer to the former is tougher but the other breweries that come to mind make so many fewer beers or have so many fewer available at one time that I know I would get sick of them faster.

:mug::tank:Marshall Brewing Company right here in Tulsa. Suppliers of McNellie's Public House exclusive Pub Ale.

Troegs is my current favorite brewery. (Nugget Nectar and Hopback Amber are current favorites.) They make some great stuff. Locally, I also like Flying Dog and even DuClaw (venom is great!). Dominion makes some good winter beers (porter is nice). I really like them all. I'm even going to commit a Cardinal sin (I'm not Catholic) and say I enjoy a Bud Light Lime after cutting the grass in the height of summer!

I really enjoy Rock Art, from Johnson VT

I picked up a bomber of the barleywine last time I was in VT.. it was excellent. :mug:

At the moment I'm really enjoying Southern Tier's brews. Their Gemini imperial IPA is one of my favorite. Wonderful hop taste and aroma.

I like Stone especially their IPA even though I think they changed their dry hopping technique to improve shelf life ( still great ).

Bells is good. Two Hearted

Green Flash - I like alot. Lots of hopppy things going on here as well as a rye ale. Too bad I can't buy it in PA but seek it out when traveling...

I have not tried a huge amount of Micro's but, SN Pale Ale is why I started brewing. Dogfish Head 60Min is got to be one of the best for me right now and I just had a Hobgoblin recently that was defintley high on the list. I even brewed Orfy's HG clone on Monday I liked it so much. I hope it comes out half as good as the original.

Calapooia in Albany, OR is super small but is so very good.

I'd have to say though, my favorite would have to be Bell's - despite the fact that Oberon is without a doubt the most overrated beer ever brewed. Far and away their worst beer - check that. Their barleywine is pretty mis-able as well (then again, I've yet to have a barleywine that isn't missable!)

1. Bell's -- They brew a very consistent product, and the beer is always good.
2. Left Hand -- I have NOT had anything I don't like from Left Hand.
3. Great Lakes -- Local, but, I favorite. They do it right.

Great Lakes Brewing Company. I'm a Lager lover, and with the pub exclusives to always have new things that's really all I'd need and all I had for a plenty long time. They haven't made anything I don't like (short of Grassroots in a bottle, just too weird) And It's an awsome company.

And I wish I could get a Job there.

because Vermonters have the most breweries per capita! :mug:

1. Seven Barrel just over the river in West Lebanon, NH. Tony Lubold (formerly at Catamount) brews a great line-up.

2. Long Trail Brewery. Double Bag & Hefeweizen

3. Harpoon. IPA & Limited Edition Beers

I throw in a vote for Great Lakes too. IMO the best beer they make doesn't even get bottled and distributed. They make a seasonal pilsner named Prohibition Pilsner. I've only had it when I went to their restaurant and ordered it from the bar but it is awesome. They also make a very, very good Octoberfest.

I am in northeast ohio, and we get prohibition pils in a number of stores near youngstown. Great Lakes is good, their Burning River is a standard in my fridge. Favorite right now has to be Founders, followed by Bells (they may kick me out of Ohio for liking all this beer from Michigan:cross:) Sierra Nevada and Avery are good too. I guess I am pretty fortunate to have a number of good beer stores local, as I have heard of many of the beers you all are referring to.

Edit: Darn it. I forgot Long Trail. The only one of my favorites I can't get in Ohio. If somebody put a gun to my head and said pick your favorite beer, I would pick their Double Bag, no question.

Founders in Grand Rapids, MI

So far anyway. I also like Arcadia, but haven't been to the pub yet.

Right Brain in Traverse City is also pretty good IMO. Unique.

Lots of good beer to be had in this state I think.

Marin Brewing in Larkspur. The brewer makes great beers and even better experimental beers. Their White Knuckle IIPA is out of this world and their San Quentin Breakout Stout is roasty and delicious.

My larger choice is Anderson Valley Brewing. My local choice is Russian River. My house choice is my own.

In the end there can be only one....

Surly brewing!!! Furious, Coffee Bender, Darkness. Need I say more. If you are ever in the Twin City area these are must haves....

Back