What's your fastest time from fermenter to keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanAm

Reaction score
I brewed a saison yesterday and overshot my gravity a bit (note to self: only change one process variable at a time). OG 1.077. Beersmith says FG should be 1.017, recipe says 1.008.

8.75 lbs pilsner
2.25 lbs pale
2 lbs Belgian candi Sugar

Pitched 2 packs of Omega 024 (compares to WLP 550) yesterday afternoon at 70F and this morning had a nice krausen and was bubbling like crazy. It was at 73F. Going to let it free rise to 75 in my ferm chamber.

Any chance of this being ready to rack on December 26? I've always left my beer in primary for 3-4 weeks, but because of the holidays was hoping to get this out faster.

What's the fastest you've got a beer into the keg?

i've done 10 days on an esb. You could be fine as long as you don't want super clear beer.

10, maybe 15 minutes. Doesn't take too long to siphon with a 1/2" hose.

:p

Hahahaha! Good one.

Don't care too much about clear beer, and as long as it's good I'll be happy. I'e got my fingers crossed...

I just turned around a blonde and a stout in 13 days. Both in the keg as we speak.

Temperature control FTW. 4 days at 64, ramp to 70 and hold for another 5. Cold crash for 1, add gelatin, cold crash for two more days. Beer is clear and ready, so into the keg. A bit of burst carbing, and they're ready to go.

I've done quite a few 1.050 ales with healthy slurry pitches in a week. I could go a couple days earlier too I'm sure, but I don't worry about it.

6 days. All grain dark mild recipe from BYO called "6 day Mild".

I had a gap in my pipeline that I wanted to fill quickly.

I brewed on Saturday. Pitched harvested Nottingham that started bubblng the air lock within an hour. Primary finished by Tuesday night, Wednesday morning. Three days to clean up. Kegged it on Saturday, quick carbed and poured the first pint on Sunday.

To my surprise, it was good on that Sunday and not green tasting. Been in the keg for three weeks now, and its really hitting its stride.

Simple recipe, good beer.

Pretty typical for me to put IPAs in the keg after 10 days and drink by a little less than 2 weeks.

They're very hoppy and the flavor certainly changes during the time it's getting drank.

I'd say you can do it no problem.

About 7 days here as well, was better after it had been kegged for another 1-2 weeks, but still good enough to drink after 7.

Thanks for the replies. I'm optimistic. Can still see the yeast swirling things around and a good amount of bubbles from the blow off tube, but it's only day 4.

Thanks for the replies. I'm optimistic. Can still see the yeast swirling things around and a good amount of bubbles from the blow off tube, but it's only day 4.

Give it 2 more days at least. Then throw it in the keg for 36 hours at 31psi immediately without a cold crash. You'll be drinking it on Christmas and it will be good.

Back