What's your desert island beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wtf, people?!? wtf happened to Stout Season? y'all are fired and you each get 9 berry pawnches!

Creme Brulee Stout will be my choice since I want to be different from the normal crowd. take that, Martha Stewart!

wtf, people?!? wtf happened to Stout Season? y'all are fired and you each get 9 berry pawnches!

Creme Brulee Stout will be my choice since I want to be different from the normal crowd. take that, Martha Stewart!

Would Black Tuesday be a better choice?

Maybe Rum Barrel Black Tuesday, you know...tropical.

I bet you wouldn't care you were stuck on an island alone with that beer, because you couldn't feel a damn thing.

Lonestar.

It's more water than anything and on a desert island you need to worry about dehydration.

To literal?

lawsons-sip-of-sunshine-vermont-beer-beverage-warehouse-vt.jpg

A petite saison, if there is a mountain on the island to harvest ice from the glaciers. I like small saisons very cold. No ice, a stout would do.

Stone Sublimely Self Righteous, only because it grants temporary invincibility...otherwise id have to go with CCB Jai Alai!!

Some sort of imperial barleywine or similar. It would just knock me on my ass and I would not know/care I was stranded.

Westbrook Weisse Weisse Baby. I assume it would pair well with the coconuts on the island as well.

Wait..is this a "desert" island or a deserted island, or maybe a dessert island.
Anyway since there would be no refridgeration all hoppy beers go to the way side. Warm ipa doesn't seem to quench the thirst. Dark beers pretty much the same. I would have to go with some pbr or something the like.

Too many variables....

If we are talking classic, tropical island, food and water needs met, it would depend on the ability to cool the beer somehow.

Good belgian witbier if there is cooling.
Otherwise, maybe some decent dark beer, westvleteren 8 or such.

I think the assumption is that whatever plane crash or shipwreck occurred, there's enough that a talented electrical engineer can rig up some manner of cooling the beer.

As a talented electrical engineer, I'm covered.

Not sure what y'all are gonna do. :D

Love the replies. As the OP, I guess is should clarify.

My original idea for the question was basically "if you had to drink one and only one beer for 6-12 months straight, what would it be.

Now I love a good Belgian, but if I had nothing but Ommegang for 12 months, I might give up beer all together, as much as I love Hennepin.

So assume you are on the Lost island and find the Pearl station and have all your water and other standard fixins, but there's only one beer. What is it?

Oh, and if you haven't seen Lost, log off of HBT and binge watch immediately. You'll be done by the end of the weekend.

Back