What's up with your name?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think mine is self explanatory... but i will say for the uninitiated. it means to take a small drink from a beverage. this is often called a sip. being that beer is so tasty i dare you to take Just a SIP :mug:

I'm super happy you didn't dare me to take just one sip! It might be possible, but would take all the fun out of the experience. :rockin:

I live in North Texas "NTX", and wanted the German word for brewer "Brauer" in my title....As I believe it is the small amount of German blood in me that has led me to this craft. :mug:

This is a fun thread. My name comes from early in my USMC enlistment when I was on Recruiter's Assistance. A friend called me while I was heading out to lead some potential enlistees on a PT run. Having previously called my house and misunderstanding my parents, he opened by asking me, "Who's 'endlesstee'?". Being that my first name starts with "t", it stuck.

Arturs Irbe was my favorite hockey player as a child. "Like Wall" for those that remember. Anyways, I used the handle for my first AOL dial up email address when I was 11 and it's always just stuck.
It's a bit embarrassing now that I'm in my 30's, but it's a part of me.

Mine is just a play on words. Quixotic = Exceedingly Idealistic and the suffix -osis = pathology or disease process of.

So Quixoticosis = The pathology of excessive idealism. It makes my medical geek and word nerd sides both equally happy.

Bucknuts is a magazine devoted to all things pertaining to my beloved Ohio State Buckeyes.
GO BUCKS!!!

I got the nickname when I was young and wild. Some of my pastimes resulted in my being quite skinny and well...

...but I'm feeling much better now.

ICWiener said:
I shamelessly ripped mine from the greatest television show ever produced in the history of mankind ever: Futurama

True story... I should have gone with '1B-DI'

I created mine after watching the 'Free Will Hunting' episode...
Dunkel- one my favorite styles + Monk- (got a two-fer for this) monkey = beer monkey?

I created mine after watching the 'Free Will Hunting' episode...

Solid. Any fan of the show is a friend of this guy. I'm actually tailoring a recipe for my next brew, based on the beer they brewed in "Route of All Evil". My Futurama brew! I'll call it Benderbrau if it's an ale...Botweiser if it's a lager.

PRESS START because I like video games

666 because I like heavy metal

PRESS START is also the name of my retro video game music cover band

Fat Dragon is the English translation of the Chinese name I go by: 胖龙. It sounds as stupid in Chinese as it does in English, which makes it incredibly charming for a foreigner in China. It has the added bonus that, if I ever open a brewery or restaurant, the name's basically a given.

Fat Dragon Brewing Co. definitely has a ring to it, and I dare any one of you to turn down an invitation to Fat Dragon Hotpot.

Mine dates back to unix email from college. Huge Lovecraft fan but the proper spelling was taken and have used it since. And 1975 is my birth year.

Reggie is a nickname that I acquired some 1( years ago while watching The Great Outdoors with some buddies

Stupid smart phone. 15 years ago. It has stuck and the only people that call me by my real name are my family. 22 is just a number I wore playing sports.

Who says Buckeyes are a bunch of worthless nuts?! We try to keep the brewing traditions alive in Ohio when so many of the classic breweries went south. Like Carling & POC to name two. Although it was freaky when I walked into that old lookin redneck joint down in Willmington late at night. Was on my way home up here from Cinci on Friday after afternoon shift was over. Anyway,I'd walk in for a 12 pack to go,& the band stopped playing,people stopped dancing,& they even stopped drinking. Although I do have to admit I was young & skinny then,& looked a lot like James Hetfield. Maybe that was it?...Kinda funny now...:mug:

Mine is Latin & has a dual meaning: Gratus means grateful, but can also mean pleasing. Fermentatio means fermentation.
So I'm always hoping for a good end product: pleasing fermentation, and I'm grateful for yeast & the fermentation process: grateful fermentation.
Sort of sending out a request for success & saying thank you to the powers that be.
Regards, GF. :)

I've have always cooked and a mechanic by trade so when i first went on the web a friend suggested chefgreasemonkey which is still in use.
I wanted to shorten it, I had a dog named Rex (adopted and came with the name) and ChefRex was born.

One of my favorite albums ever bloodhound gang - one fierce beer coaster, but when I played games it was always too long do I chose FierceCoaster and never looked back.

I had an Harley Davidson 883 Iron and that is what my SN is after, I will always remember my first Harley, the wife didn't care for riding on the back of it for more than an hour or two so I had to get a touring bike. I now have a Street Glide for those that care.

I am a long time craft beer fan (10 years) and looking to final go full steam into home brewing at the start of the year. My last name is Strange (fun as a kid) and plan to call the home brewery Strangebrew

When I was in college some of my friends nicknamed me "Laser" (Watch the movie Slackers and it could help shed a little light). 83 is my birth year, and Eric is my name.

Also my Xbox Live gamertag.

When I got my first computer, I worked at Ponderosa Steakhouse which all the employees called "Pondo" for short. My name is Chris so I've used pondochris for a screen name on and off since then(2006).

My name is Lee, not too hard.
I am kind of nasty in a few different ways. I have a bad mouth, swear when under pressure, fart a lot and in the mid 2000's I had a little fixation with how much free top quality video of a mature nature could be obtained through the net. So, my friends and co-workers alike started just saying" BadLee, stop it" or "BadLee be nice"
It kind of stuck as my alter ego( I am a much nicer, calmer person these days)

Latest posts

Back