whats up with Texas???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgravier

Reaction score
it seems like alot of people posting here are from Texas...ive heard about some weird blue-laws and such like they cant sell Anchor steam beer there because it comes in European style kegs. i heard the same about florida too, they are all about protecting the consumers rights so if some one buys a beer from europe they are expecting 12 ounces not .9 lters or what ever, i was wondering if there was something like that going on?

Excellent on topic post. I'll come back later when I'm drunk and maybe I'll even understand it. ;)

cgravier said:
why are all you guys or at least alot of you guys from Texas? (read: not why do you live in Texas, why are there so many homebrewers?)

p.s. whats up with your boy Lance Armstrong? I bet he got dumped cause instead of training like 20 hours aday he just sits around the house annoying Cheryl Crow...He needs to go to france to win another 'mellow johnnie'

There are so many Texans here, because we don't need everyone else to hold our hand and do everything for us. Which, includes, wiping our bottoms and brewing our beer for us.

Lance dumped Sheryl Crowe, because she is a flaming Lib and couldn't keep her loud mouth politics out of their personal lives. Any more questions?? ;)

BlightyBrewer said:
Oh crap, politics and state tit-for-tat...I'm keeping out of this one! ;)

I know what you mean, but couldn't help myself this time.

I like to focus on our common love of brewing, in spite of political differences and so forth. There was too much contention in the Smoking thread, so after my initial post, I didn't even read that thread again. Wedge issues pretty much belong somewhere else. Or so it seems to me....

I won't even get started about those Massholes.....uh...oh-wait...that's me. Nevermind.:D

El Pistolero said:
:D Massholes...I'd never heard that one...and I'm a Yankee fan. :D

Your welcome.....for you Yankee fans, I'll just take the M back....

(just kidding, Mr. Moderator:D)

BTW cgravier- no revisionist postery up there in the first entry! Stand by your words!

BlightyBrewer said:
Simple huh....Lance Armstrong, Texan brewers, and Cheryl Crow...and mellow johnies! ;):D
yeah i guess your right, i guess lance armstrong is like brett farve to green bay fans...i was just thinking out loud next time ill be more politically correct...

p.s. I saw a documentory on Lance and 'mellow johnnie' is what he calls the mayo journne or whater 'yellow jersey' is in french...

personally, I bet he dropped her for smoking too much of the doobage, just like Clapton did. Clapton has been clean for a while, and couldn't put up with her tokin'

cgravier said:
yeah i guess your right, i guess lance armstrong is like brett farve to green bay fans...i was just thinking out loud next time ill be more politically correct...

p.s. I saw a documentory on Lance and 'mellow johnnie' is what he calls the mayo journne or whater 'yellow jersey' is in french...

Aha! Now I getchya! I did suspect you were talkin about the yellow jersey (they don't call me Morse for nothing!), but didn't see the connection.:eek:

BlightyBrewer said:
Aha! Now I getchya! I did suspect you were talkin about the yellow jersey (they don't call me Morse for nothing!), but didn't see the connection.:eek:

im suprised you know who brett farve is...knowing how you brits think football is something you kick, and rugby is somehow tough...:eek:

cgravier said:
im suprised you know who brett farve is...knowing how you brits think football is something you kick, and rugby is somehow tough...:eek:

I haven't a clue who brett farve is?

BTW, I'm not biting on the rugby quip...;) Insult football all you like. I regard it as the UK's mental illness!

BlightyBrewer said:
I haven't a clue who brett farve is?

BTW, I'm not biting on the rugby quip...;) Insult football all you like. I regard it as the UK's mental illness!

hes the guy from 'something about mary' (Brett Favre)

just kidding about rugby...although i did concvince an englishman that american football is tough even though they wear pads (the argument was "yeah but rugby players arent 350 pounds)

Screw you, we're from Texas. Actually, I'm not....lived in Dallas for 2 years and the summers drove me out. Nothing like walking out the door at dawn to 80F! But Ray Wylie Hubbard is cool as hell. :cool:

BlightyBrewer said:
Permisson to speak Sir! (just caught your ref in an earlier post Blighty tonight!)
I'll bite on cgravier's 'football = kick' quip.
Read the words.....FOOT - BALL. Do those two words imply THROWING/CARRYING a NON SPHERICAL object as the main part of the game?
NO. The US created a totally new game that NO ONE ELSE in World want's to get involved in as it's so dull.;)
Soccer (as it's called) has a WORLD CUP. That means a sport that's played WORLDWIDE!!! (The US held it in 1994 when Jackie Charlton's boys almost made me want to big up my distant Irish bloodlines - any US memories anyone???? I guess not...)
Hell, Rugby is bad enough but at least it flows as a game and it's played by a few more countries!:D

And whats wrong with Texas? - NOTHING! The people on this forum from Texas are Great!!!!! :cool: - (some of them will dislike me for the American football cuss but they'll stand their own ground as i like 'Soccer' - I have a mental illness apparently.....)
Personal 'Dad's Army' reply to Blighty on my mental illness.... 'Stupid boy....'

Genghis77 said:
Lacrosse; the New World's answer to Cricket.:D
Thanks Genghis! No one mention curling......I'm fragile tonight and this might just send me over the edge....:)

I'm not from Texas, I just live here for grad school. It's not my favorite place in the world, but to go to the school I want, I have no choice.

*gets stick nice and sharp*

*thrust*

NO. The US created a totally new game that NO ONE ELSE in World want's to get involved in as it's so dull.;)
Soccer (as it's called) has a WORLD CUP. That means a sport that's played WORLDWIDE!!!

Translates out to Soccer is played by everyone we whooped up on or bailed out:rolleyes:

<3 Caplan, just a little poke at ya

i guess lance armstrong is like brett farve to green bay fans
I'm cashing in my UK status!

Brett Farve is the quaterback for the Greenbay Packers.

• He is greater then the second comming of Jesus.
  • He single handedly kicked Satan out of heven, God was a bit busy and asked him to.
  • Bret Farves' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.
  • Brett Farve can unscramble an egg.
  • Brett Farve does not sleep. He waits.
  • Brett Farve does not hunt because the word hunting infers the probability of failure. Brett Farve goes killing.
  • Brett Farve counted to infinity - twice.
  • Brett Farve sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and unparalleled football ability. Shortly after the transaction was finalized, Brett drilled a 60 yard pass into the devil's face and took his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of the month.
  • As a teenager Brett Farve impregnated every nun in a convent tucked away in the hills of Tuscany. Nine months later the nuns gave birth to the 1972 Miami Dolphins, the only undefeated and untied team in professional football history.
  • To prove it isn't that big of a deal to beat cancer. Brett Farve smoked 15 cartons of cigarettes a day for 2 years and aquired 7 different kinds of cancer only to rid them from his body by flexing for 30 minutes. Beat that, Lance Armstrong.
  • A blind man once stepped on Brett Farve's shoe. Brett replied, "Don't you know who I am? I'm Brett Farve!" The mere mention of his name cured this man blindness.
  • Brett Farve is not hung like a horse... horses are hung like Brett Farve.
  • Brett Farve once ate three 72 oz. steaks in one hour. He spent the first 45 minutes having sex with his waitress.
  • Brett Farve can touch MC Hammer.
  • Brett Farve ordered a Big Mac at Burger King last time he was in Milwaukee, and got one.
  • If Brett Farve is late, time better slow the **** down.
  • According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Brett Farve can actually drill you with a 60 yard pass yesterday.
  • Brett Farve doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
  • Oxygen requires Brett Farve to live.
  • Superman owns a pair of Breet Farve pajamas.
  • Brett Farve scared God into giving men nipples. They are his targets.
  • Brett Farve flew a bomber in World War II. He didn't drop bombs, he dropped himself.
  • While pruning Brett Farve's beard, an idea was conceived by an unknown barber. Consequently, the birth of steel wool occurred.
  • Brett Farve doesn't fight men, he only fights women. Because, in Brett Farve's presence, there is no such thing as "men". Only man. One. And don't even think about it; it&#8217;s Brett's When he visits the facilities, the doors read "Women's" and "Brett's".
  • Fear was a word created to describe Brett Farve's arm.
  • Brett Farve amazed scientists by breaking a diamond with a 60 yard pass. The amazement only lasted one second because the awesomeness of the pass caused the scientists to **** out their brains.
  • Brett Farve puts paparazzi in his protein shakes.
  • Brett Farve and God once shared a high-five. The wind that was created caused Hurricane Katrina.
  • Brett Farve once had sex with a tractor, the result was the mechanical bull.
  • It is Brett Farve's eye that adorns the Great Seal on the back of the $1 bill. He is all seeing.
  • Luke Skywalker did not blow up the Death Star. Brett Farve did. With a 60 yard pass.
  • Charles Darwin based his "survival of the fittest" theory on Brett Farve.
Questions?

:D

dancingbarefoot said:
Well, my great-grandma is Texan, so I guess I have roots here. ;)
Didn't ya know that all grandmas are great if their from Texas.Sorry to hear your in Houston.... you need to take a road trip to Austin, San Antonio and Dallas to get the real flavors.

Caplan said:
Personal 'Dad's Army' reply to Blighty on my mental illness.... 'Stupid boy....'

mainwaringhead.jpg

"Now listen here Jones, I'm the commanding officer here, so you'll follow my lead, <whispers> and I'll see you later about that pound of tripe...";)

Sorry about the 'mental illness' quip Caplan. :eek: It's just that it seems that this country goes so loopy over football, and I don't agree with how much those players get payed. However I suppose it is the one thing that really brings the nation together, and the world cup (which I do really enjoy watching) tends to bring out all the national flags...so I suppose it is good in it's way.:)

BlightyBrewer said:
Sorry about the 'mental illness' quip Caplan. :eek: It's just that it seems that this country goes so loopy over football, and I don't agree with how much those players get payed. However I suppose it is the one thing that really brings the nation together, and the world cup (which I do really enjoy watching) tends to bring out all the national flags...so I suppose it is good in it's way.:)
I didn't take it personally Blightly! (There's a pound of those sausages you like Mr Mainwaring Sir...;) ) I agree the Premiership is full of overpaid and overated players - The World Cup certainly brings out the best in Football. I'm looking forward to it!:D

Pumbaa said:
*gets stick nice and sharp*

*thrust*
Translates out to Soccer is played by everyone we whooped up on or bailed out
Or did you guys just have a tantrum because you weren't very good and thought 'We'll make up our OWN game to play in the corner on our own. Then we'll always be best....";):D

And OUCH!!!!! QUIT it with the stick - you'll have my eye out!!!:)

Pumbaa said:
Brett Farve is the quaterback for the Greenbay Packers.......
Questions?
Heres one! Which is a faster death - 60 yard pass or roundhouse?:confused:

Caplan said:
Heres one! Which is a faster death - 60 yard pass or roundhouse?:confused:

Actually, I'm wondering how big of a crater it would create if Favre threw a 60 yard pass and Chuck roundhouse'd it in mid-air.

-walker

Walker said:
Actually, I'm wondering how big of a crater it would create if Favre threw a 60 yard pass and Chuck roundhouse'd it in mid-air.

-walker
Would the world survive to measure it???:confused:

sorry.. I should have been more clear. "How big of a crater would it leave in the fabric of space & time?"

It's hypothetical Walker. Surely it's mutually assured destruction that stops them trying? No women or steaks would be left....

Walker said:
"How big of a crater would it leave in the fabric of space & time?"
Sorry to get technical, but it's the fabric of space/time, not space & time...unless of course you're an ID proponent, in which case it's burlap. :drunk:

Latest posts

Back