What's the next piece of equipment that you wanna buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbeergeek

Reaction score
I'm not talking about a dream purchase, I'm talking about the next planned upgrade/modification to your rig or accessories. If you asked me a month ago, I would have said a Blichman beer gun. Well, I own one now. I guess my current answer would be some spare parts to repair three cornies that need new posts etc.

What about you guys? What's next when the money's right?

Where does one buy a fermentation chamber? You mean a chest freezer with temp controller?

(Just curious ...)

Kegging system, Just got the chest freezer last week, temp controller is in the mail. Told myself it would just be a fermentation chamber but having taps to show off and less bottles to clean makes it tough.

A march pump, camlock fittings, and silicone tubing.

I'm tired of lifting everything from one stage to another....

Hands down, a pair of march pumps, pH meter, and one more keggle. I just finished up the fermentation chamber, keezer, and stir plate projects over the winter. Sure would be nice not to have to lift any more wort.

I would like to convert my keggle to an electric on vessel BIAB system. Everything done in on pot in my basement.

My parents will likely get me a gift certificate to midwest for my upcoming birthday (this has been there go-to gift since I started brewing) so I plan on using it to buy 2 cornies to start kegging

A pump and the appropriate hoses and connectors.

After that, a second (real) burner.

Brian

looking for a free chest freezer on craigslist. Then i'll get a Ranco dual stage temp controller.

Next i may use my tax refund on a Blichmann 10 Gal

The next major thing I want to get is a new burner - my current one has been on it's last legs for quite some time now.

I need a couple minor things though in the meantime (most of which are related to my new kettle that I expect to receive today)

Refractometer. I dislike pulling so much beer out of the bucket/carboy for hydrometer readings.

More parts for the new all grain setup. A never ending process of working towards completion. Mostly just the last bits of plumbing as I finalize the liquid flow and head towards welding.

Silicone tubing to connect my pumps & camlocks, then a mill, a false bottom for the MLT, a thermometer for my MLT and can I count a spare propane tank?

refractometer, digital scale (that can handle both hops and grain weights), and a spare co2 tank (paintball). I'm holding off until i get my refund.

Oh yeah, one more thing. I need to replace those quick disconnects I got from Home Depot, they only last about 6 months before they started leaking all over the place. Nothing major, just a PITA.

pony keg(s) for no-chill beer storage and (possibly) pressurized fermentation chambers.

I've wanted a pH meter, and flask/stirplate/starter setup, but so far everything is turning out great without them. Someday, oh yes, they WILL be mine!

After the huge score last weekend (keezer without taps, 250lbs of grain, co2 tank, 7 cornies), if I spend another penny on beer and/or brewing, SWMBO will kill me. Although I do have a 70 quart ice chest being delivered next week, which means I might need to buy some copper to make a manifold, although I could just use the stainless braid I have leftover from another build...

Refractometer. I dislike pulling so much beer out of the bucket/carboy for hydrometer readings.

Egads how I love my refrac. For months I was using it to take SG readings (without correcting them for alcohol) and I thought all my beers were mysteriously under-attenuated.

I went the route of amazon for mine, $35. Love it.

A SS mash paddle? Maybe a coarse filter? Or, maybe some different mesh screen for my basket (if it doesn't work when I brew this weekend)...

In order:

1. SWMBO who doesn't mind be disappearing for 5-6 hours in the garage each weekend to brew (any suggestions?)
2. fermentation fridge (stalking craigslist daily)
3. Temp controller for fridge
4. build a 3 tier in my garage
5. march pump
6. mill (using a corona at the moment)
7. ice cream motor for DIY mash stirrer
8. refractometer
9. turn garage into a home brewery (insulate walls, replace windows, resurface floor, etc)

once my list is complete, I can't really think of anything else, unless I go pro and need to up production, but that is many, many years away.

I just converted my kegs so I'm looking into sight glasses and thermometers. Before that upgrade I need to get the brewery up and running so this week I'll be getting my quick disconnects (when they come back in stock), silicone tubing and a pump. The list is a lot longer but this is what is next..

Just put in for a building permit for a brewshed. SWMBO can't stand the smell of brewing and normally goes to her mothers house when I brew. This is a real PITA because I have to have everything planned out and get permission. Having my own space out of the house is going to be great. When I get underway i'll start a thread with the build.:rockin:

Back