What's the most you have bottled at one time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moinkyschmoink

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just worked all day, came home, racked and bottled 15 gallons. It was bucket to bucket with a racking cane, bottling wand, and capped them all (12oz's). :mug: After which I cleaned up all the buckets, equipment, etc (would've skipped that part till tomorrow, but SWMBO). I am beat. Just curious if anyone has some crazy story when they bottled a ton of beer in one sitting and what the circumstances were. REALLY leaning towards kegging at this point even though I do realize 15 gallons isn't really that much :cross:

LMAO! I remember bottling 2, 12 gallon batches one night with a buddy! We were TRASHED by the time we got done! I hate cleaning bottles!! I LOVE MY KEGS!!!

Hmmm That reminds me I never got any of that beer! Dennis if you read this, I'm gonna collect!!!

I did 10 gallons last weekend. The first batch was a case and a half of 12 oz bottles and the rest in 22s. I dug out all my empty 22 and 24 oz bottles for the second batch and only wound up with a 12 pack of 12 oz bottles.:tank:

I bottle 10 gallons every three weeks. After nearly two years of brewing I still find some sort of twisted peace in bottling.

i brew and bottle two five gallon batches every 4 to 6 weeks depending on the style. it sometimes whips my ass

I've never bottled more than one five-gallon batch at a time. If I had to do what some people in this thread have done in one stint, I'd probably do the unthinkable and start kegging.

I went to bottle my wife's 1st batch yesterday,& the darn kid made rice by adding more water to my priming solution I left in a small saucepan to cool. So I had to use my bag of dex to prime hers,or I'd have bottled some 113 12ouncers this weekend. Couldn't get more dex,as my other son's HS graduation lasted till nearly 3:45 yesterday. LHBS had just locked the doors & was leaving when I got there!@#%$&$:mad:

I have bottled 2-12.5 gallon batches on the same day many times. Bottling really isn't that bad. Not sure why everyone hates it so much. Once you get the process down it isn't too bad. not nearly as easy as sticking it in a keg, but you have to do what you have to do sometimes.

Have done twelve gallons in an evening a few times. Now I mostly keg, but still fill some bottles from kegs for competition, taking to parties, giving away, etc.

Agree with the above poster; I despised bottling until I made some tweaks to my process to make things easier.

I agree. I finally got a system down,now that I got a bottling/secondary bucket rigged up. Also a bottling wand/with the 5/16" hose that also fits my auto siphon. I have a round end table that's the right height for capping in front of me that'll hold a couple arm loads of filled bottles,glass bowl of caps in star-san &the like.
The fermenter stand with full bottling bucket to my right with hose/bottling wand attached. A wooden chair with bottle tree to my left. The now empty box from storing bottles on the floor to my left. Everything within arms reach. And that's sitting in a plastic scoop chair I keep by the comp. I use my little 12 pack cooler covered with a towel right below the Bottling bucket to set the bottles on while filling. This set up allows me to sit down & enjoy bottling fresh beer so much more. Especially since I started bulk priming.:rockin::ban:

I rarely bottle more than a few now, but a while back I bottled every batch! I often bottled 15 gallons at a time.

I mostly bottle wine now. A couple of weeks ago, I bottled 18 gallons of chokecherry wine, and 5 gallons of crabapple wine. That's over 100 bottles of wine!

Wow, some of you are absolute LUNATICS! :D The most I ever did in one sitting was two 5 gallon batches. I "label" the beer by printing up a bunch of those peel-n-stick round avery labels and just stick 'em on the bottle caps.
That night I was hitting the keg a bit while I bottled, and kind of lost track and accidentally stuck some of the wrong labels on the wrong batch of beer (one batch was a blond ale, the other a nut-brown) -didn't really know until I opened 'em up a couple of weeks later at a family reunion.

Choke cherries take a lot of sweetnin! Did you leave it tart or what?

No, it's a dry table wine that I often oak. The recipes are in my recipe pull-down, under my avatar.

It's not tart when it's finished. It has enough tannin in it that it's actually a very nice table wine. It ends up tasting a bit like a cab but with a slight hint of a cherry finish, along with the vanilla notes and tannins from the oak.

30 gallons... in 22 oz. bottles but still 30 gallons.. never again...
I took up kegging and my buddies still bottle. I guess it works out ok cause my beer is kegged in 10 minutes while they still have a LONG way to go. gives me time to clean out buckets and gear, go outside and have a smoke and come back in and hackle them because they are still bottling :cross:

30 gallons! :eek: And I thought 15 gallons sucked. I don't think I will ever make a batch where I don't bottle a few, but 30 gallons would have me at the home brew store buying kegs the next day.

15 gallons (three 5 gallon batches) in one evening is my record. I did em all in 12 oz bottles, too. Until I can afford a kegging set-up, I'll still be bottling. Only way I'm doing that much in one sitting again is in 22oz, and even then I'd still likely split it over a few days. Seems for a while I'll be brewing no more than a batch at a time anyway, but I've got plenty of bottled brew, so it's all good.

I pounded out twenty five gallons once. I havent done that since.... the worse was soaking and delabeling fifteen gallons worth of bottles then bottling all in the same day, this was also before I knew of oxyclean and didnt have a vinator... needless to say I keg now and only occasionally bottle a sixer

Back