Whats the Best Commercial Beer you have ever had?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vance71975 said:
Lol from the sounds of it i am the only one that drinks stout and porter year round! :mug:

My tastes lighten up a little in the summer but there's plenty of cool nights and A/C to still find room for stouts and porters. Plus if you count Guinness, that you can guzzle even on a hot day.

My tastes lighten up a little in the summer but there's plenty of cool nights and A/C to still find room for stouts and porters. Plus if you count Guinness, that you can guzzle even on a hot day.

Personally i consider Guinness the BMC of stouts.

Lol from the sounds of it i am the only one that drinks stout and porter year round! :mug:

Not at all. I brewed a milk stout two months ago and no one else understood why I would do that during summer...I just like to have a dark brew available at all times. I drink it often too.

I think my favorite beer might be Petrus. I don't buy many beers multiple times, this one I have bought many. In fact, I can't think of a beer I've bought more than twice other than Petrus. So it must be good.

Others of note:
I preferred Blind Pig to Pliny (Pliny is still delicious)
Orval
Weihenstephan Hefe is phenomenal, best Hefe period.

I'd have to say Guinness and Rickards Red, tastes just like my munich mash.

I am a hop head.... So I will go with Pliney the Elder.

I am also a hop head and my only shot at tasting Pliny is via brewing a clone, which I have done and is AWESOME! Locally we have have peacetree and their hopbomb is pretty tasty. Ranger ipa was on sale for 10 bucks a 12 so that isn't too shabby either.

So today, I was changing out a keg in my keggarator and my last bottle of Imperial Red crashed to the garage floor. This baby was a year old and I was planning a tasting of various long aged beers from my selection this next week. This Imp Red was one of the ones I looked forward to the most, but ALAS! The garage smelled of Heaven as I held back tears. My wife, feeling terrible for me, said we could go to the store and I could pick some of the good stuff to make me feel better.

THE POINT: I picked up Lagunitas' Lucky 13 and Hop Stupid. I enjoy Lagunitas, but it's been a while. OH MAN, that's some goood stuff! I don't know if it's my favorite, but deffinitely reminded me why I love their brew!

So today, I was changing out a keg in my keggarator and my last bottle of Imperial Red crashed to the garage floor. This baby was a year old and I was planning a tasting of various long aged beers from my selection this next week. This Imp Red was one of the ones I looked forward to the most, but ALAS! The garage smelled of Heaven as I held back tears. My wife, feeling terrible for me, said we could go to the store and I could pick some of the good stuff to make me feel better.

THE POINT: I picked up Lagunitas' Lucky 13 and Hop Stupid. I enjoy Lagunitas, but it's been a while. OH MAN, that's some goood stuff! I don't know if it's my favorite, but deffinitely reminded me why I love their brew!

Sorry to hear about the red man, that is always tragic, but at least you got some other good beers so not a total loss.

Raging ***** is pretty delicious. Have you seen the little bottles they sell it in? I also love their label art.

Latest posts

Back