What's my lager style?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrphillips

Reaction score
So I just brewed what I THOUGHT was a bohemian pilsner, but looking at what the flavor profile might end up being, it might be a german pilsner...or if it doesn't ferment much past 1.020 it might be a Bock. What in the hell should I "market" my beer as? I used SafLager W 34/70, pilsner malt, aciduated malt, and saaz hops (30 ibu's total). The OG was 1.050, and the FG is pending.

So again...what's my style?

I'd call it a Bohemian Pilsner. I brew essentially the same recipe as a SMaSH, without the acidulated malt and hopped to about 40. Same OG, finishes about 1.010.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and all like that.

Mark

So I just brewed what I THOUGHT was a bohemian pilsner, but looking at what the flavor profile might end up being, it might be a german pilsner...or if it doesn't ferment much past 1.020 it might be a Bock. What in the hell should I "market" my beer as? I used SafLager W 34/70, pilsner malt, aciduated malt, and saaz hops (30 ibu's total). The OG was 1.050, and the FG is pending.

So again...what's my style?
S 34/70 should get you down to 1.010-1.012.

I'm hoping to see 1.010! My gravity tonight after 9 days at 48 degrees is 1.020 (and still active), so I'm slowly raising it to 62 (my basement temp.), then finishing it at 70 in a couple days.

Thanks for the info on the style.

Back