• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Virginia Whats My Kegerator Worth?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devildancer

Reaction score
I've been out of the game for awhile and thinking about downsizing. I was wondering if you guys could give me an idea how much this thing is worth. I have an interested local buyer. I tried to ballpark what we paid, or what the going rate would be right now- It came to around $1400, so I'm thinking $1000-ish? Thanks for any feedback- Dave.

photo 1.JPG

photo 3.JPG

keg.jpg

photo 2.JPG

Sounds like a fair starting point. Good luck downsizing.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Not to try to step on the guy that's already given you an offers toes... but I'm in Charlottesville and am looking to up-size, have a two tap setup in a 7 cf (I believe, I'll double check) keezer. If that's something you'd be interested in I'm sure we could work something out.

I have a 2-tap mini fridge that I plan to keep, but I appreciate it. I need to give this guy a number and I'm not sure what he has in mind, so if you're still interested let me know.

I would pay 750 for that. 1000 if it included the kegs.

It's probably just me but I have a hard time paying 1000 or more for anything on craigslist.

That being said I really like your kegerator and it looks like it's a very nice unit.

I would pay 750 for that. 1000 if it included the kegs.

It's probably just me but I have a hard time paying 1000 or more for anything on craigslist.

My sentiments exactly, $1000 is a big number, NOT saying it isn't worth it, no doubt a beautiful machine, but anything used can be a tough sell. My guess is about half what you paid is what you'll get, unless you find a cash flush buyer that wants what you have. Really depends on the amount of effort you want to put into the sale...I know my tolerance for most of the knuckleheads on C'list is low so I tend to price for a quick sale without aggravation.
Good luck with the sale....hope I'm wrong for your sake....

Keezers are like classic cars. You never get back anywhere near what you put in to it.

If he offers you anything near a grand, take it and run! :)

With kegs, I'd offer $800-$900. At that point I may as well build my own if I didn't have one.

Did I mention this thing conditioned and dispensed an NHC Gold Medal winner?

I would consider $1000 nowhere near what I put into it. Take the kegs out of the equation and you're looking at around $1100 in- selling for $650. I valued the kegs at $50/ea based on the few classifieds I found.

Sell the kegs separate and you'll make more money then.

I know you're proud of your kegerator - I feel like we all are as DIY people. There's an enormous amount of pride in building one. Unfortunately I just don't feel like there's a huge market for kegerators built by DIY folks. People generally aren't clamoring to buy used product unless there's significant discount.

If some guy is willing to pay you close to $1000 for it I think you should take it and run like someone said above. Also if you're willing to store it for months on end you have a good chance of getting better value for it. If you're looking to get rid of it in 3-4 weeks, you are going to most likely have to be under $1000.

Back