What's in your pockets?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Six_O_Turbo

Reaction score
I've noticed I carry a lot of strange things in my pockets. Well, maybe not that strange, but stuff I think other people might find strange.

I went around most of the afternoon with a 20 round magazine for my AR-15 in my pocket (empty of course). It was there because someone at work wanted to know what the size difference was between 20 and 30 round mags.

I routinely find various ammunition in my jacket pocket from weekend shooting sessions. A couple times a week I have a toasted peanut-butter sandwich in my coat for breakfast. I still tend to pick up rocks I think are cool and will have a couple in my pockets by the end of the day if I'm just out noodling around. I have learned fish hooks, nails, screws, small pieces of wood (ha, ok I know), and small animals are a bad idea, and so are strike anywhere matches if the jeans are a bit tight and I'll be walking around much. Bottlecaps can be painful too if you sit just right.

Whacha got in yer pockets??

In my left pocket is my cell phone. In my right pocket, my keys, and sticking out of the pocket with a clip, a benchmade pocket knife. In the fob pocket on my right nip, a multi-tool and a led flashlight.

roll of electrical tape, handful of RG6 coax fittings, a few RJ45 and RJ22 fittings, and my wallet.

Right pocket wallet and change. Left pocket nothing because my Celly is next to the computer.

If you keep your wallet in your back pocket it may ride out and fall out. It did on me. Luckily I found it.

My usual load:

Keys
Wallet
Phone
Lighter (don't smoke though)
pen
extra magazine -- not the kind you read
small notebook
knife

I am fortunate that my Utilikilts have many cavernous pockets!

Well there's the usual keys, wallet, cell phone, pen and pencil, then there's a gallon ziploc in case of air sickness (hasn't happened but the first time you fly without a bag it will, murphy's law and all), earplugs, pocketknife, a sectional (map), emergency procedure NATOPS pocket checklist, and my cover. Flight suits have a lot of pockets.

Right front pocket: cell phone, lighter, change
Left front pocket: keys, Gerber multi-tool
Back right pocket: wallet

In right pocket I have credit cards, Costco, ATM, Business cards, some cash and a few reciepts that I need to record. In my left a few wire nuts key to car and house. I dont put anything in my back pockets.

left front: keys and my Dad's old pocket knife.
right front: Winchester knife w/ clip and thumb assist, EKU beer bottle cap, a rock, and also a little change.
back right: old leather wallet that has been pressed and formed with age so that it fits just right (like how an old pair of shoes fit). I don't worry about it, because it's usually empty.
right thigh: leatherman and cellphone.

Let's see, phone, wallet, keys, knife, lighter, leatherman, keycard, a gobstopper, 12¢, and lint.

Wow, I'm amazed at how many actually have a knife AND leatherman besides me.

Left front: Keys & motel card
Right front: reciepts, small bills, coins, lighter, cell phone
Left Rear: Bandanna
Right rear: Wallet
Left Cargo: Gold bond powder, inhaler, mole skin
Right Cargo: Can of dip, earplugs
Belt: Leatherman, GPS & Pair of Gloves on a caribeaner & another cell phone

Do I win for the most useless crap I carry around?

LF: Personal keys, small fold of cash, change, pda
RF: Cell phone, pocket knife, flash drive, chapstick
LB: Wallet
RB: Work keys on a hook, comb, Gerber multi

LF: Cell phone
RF: Smith and Wesson quick-open knife, my favorite working knife
RR: Wallet
Shirt: Marlboro Red's(trying to quit, unsuccessfully)

The only weird thing in my pockets? Occasionally I carry my Victorinox Executive, which does NOT have a bottle-cap remover! On the plus side, it has a blade so strange that only two people have guessed its purpose in 37 years! Good for bar bets.

What is in my pocket, well you better give smeagol 3 guesses. got that there bilbo baggins we get 3 guesses.

LF=change,receipts
RF=gerber paraframe ,has an opening to open bottles
RB=wallet and newspaper puzzle
belt clip=phone and pen

awful lot of knives being carried huh?

roll of electrical tape, handful of RG6 coax fittings, a few RJ45 and RJ22 fittings, and my wallet.

The electrical tape goes in my t-shirt pocket, and my pants pockets usually have wirenuts, Romex bushings, ground screws, etc. Sometimes I forget and leave my 10-in-1 screwdriver in the little side pocket of my carpenter jeans and my wire strippers in the back pocket. Coat pockets contain car keys and wallet. Cellphone and leatherman are clipped to my belt.

The only weird thing in my pockets? Occasionally I carry my Victorinox Executive, which does NOT have a bottle-cap remover! On the plus side, it has a blade so strange that only two people have guessed its purpose in 37 years! Good for bar bets.
orange peeler

I usually cut my pockets out and offer old people a piece of candy.
Mmmmmm... Their hands are so soft and...

WAIT A MINUTE!!
-Me

Left front: cell phone, nicotine gum, car key, motorcycle key, and a to-do list (what I should be doing now)

Right front: Small creditcard/ID wallet, keyring w/ house keys and bottle opener, moneyclip / pocket knife combo, some loose receipts, and a Benchmade 9050 AFO auto clipped to side.

Left rear: Beer koozie (don't leave home w/o one)

Right rear: empty

LF: Cell Phone, smokes
RF: Carmex, zippo, Benchmade 557 clipped
LR: Some random paper. Receipts, lists, etc.
RR: Wallet
Coat: I love wintertime cuz I get to carry a ton of stuff. Gloves, sunglasses, those cool rags to wipe off your sunglasses, box of matches, an extra knife, etc. And all of my winter coats have change for a dollar in the pocket. Wierd.

right pocket: knife, leatherman.
left pocket: some change and little tin with breath mints.
hidden in between those two is my Smart Carry which has my locked and loaded little buddy and an extra magazine.:D

Left jeans pocket: keys,2GB Titanium Cruzer and zippo
Right jeans pocket: nothing
Watch pocket: Leatherman Charge XTi
Jacket: cell, ipod, dog poo bags

Oh yeah... I've also got brass, in my pocket... ;)

Back