Whatever happend the hops that I used to grow?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOYDBrew

Reaction score
Not sure if its lack of nutrients... have been treating for spider mites with Neem Oil (they're all gone now)
anyone have advice on what I should do??
Hops are in 5 gallon pots...
I water them often (enough to make sure they don't dry out)

1405099916448.jpg

1405099935162.jpg

Do you have adequate drainage in the bottom of your pots? I put holes in the bottom of my pots around the sides and an inch or so layer of rocks. How old are the plants? If there over a year old they may be getting root bound and may need larger containers. Hops grow roots like crazy a 5 gallon pot may not be enough room.

I drilled holes at the bottom of each pot.. however I didnt on the sides... they are 2.5 years in the pots (if not a little longer)

That looks like a chemical burn. I sprayed some blackberries and weeds along a fence line and they started to dry out looking like that.

Do you think it could be from spraying neem oil diluted with h20?

You should have a nursery supply place by you, you can take some of the leaves and have one of the horticulturists look a them and tell you if its chemical burns or over/under watering.

Neem oil can burn some plants. If you apply it when the sun is out it will burn almost anything.

Neem oil can burn some plants. If you apply it when the sun is out it will burn almost anything.

I definitely have applied it while the sun was out!
Ill keep that in mind for next time

Its effect of excessive sunlight or may be a direct result of getting less water.

My hops are located to the south of my house and therefore get 8-12 hours of sun a day.... I have been wondering.... since they are backed up closer to the house where the sun hits and heats up the dark wood paneling... you suppose the heat coming off of it could be burning the hops????

Latest posts

Back