What yeast would you recommend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob2010SS

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at doing a NEIPA style fermented with peaches and himalayan pink salt. I forget the name of the brewery that I saw did this but it sounded delicious so wanted to give it a shot. Here's what I have so far..

Pale 2-Row 75%
Flaked Oats 20%
Crystal 15L 5%

.5oz Summit for bittering
Enigma/hallertau blanc/galaxy hops flameout/whirlpool/dry hop 2x

Transfer to secondary on top of 4lbs of frozen and thawed peaches and 2oz of himalayan pink salt. (Couldn't figure out how to get peaches in primary so had to go with secondary).

Trying to find a yeast that will compliment this. I had seen some previous threads here that said US-05, WLP001, but I've used both of those and was looking for something that may compliment the beer more.

Whatcha think?

As a question for anyone that can answer it - would the salt hurt the yeast

I've seen it used many times in different recipes from breweries so I wouldn't think so. Only Child Brewing in Gurnee, IL did a Gose with it, an imperial stout, and I've now seen a neipa with it, which is what I'm trying to do in this recipe.

Additionally, the salt is going in the secondary with the peaches. At least, I think that's the best way to approach this.

I was thinking in terms of whether or not it would be best to keg and force carb instead of bottle, but now that you mention it, a goze seems to survive with salt - so there is my answer

No worries. That's why I post schtuff here, people question things that the brewer may not see right off the bat and we all help each other make better beer!

A24 Dryhop from Imperial Organic Yeast will give you a nice haze and complement the peaches very nicely. Ferment it around 64. We've had a lot of success with it in our NE style beers.

Thanks for the info guys. I want something that compliments the peach flavor while adding a little character to the beer. I was reading about Denny's Favorite WY1450 and it sounded interesting and so did the A24 Dryhop that @apiercedbrosnan recommended.

Any other feedback on either of these 2 yeasts?

Barbarian/Vt Ale/Conan can give you some significant peach/stonefruit esters if treated correctly, as can wyeast 1469. If you just want a clean fermentation where the yeast gets out of the way then 001/1056/S-05. 1318 tends to leave a little sweeter finish, 007/S-04/1099 will be a little more tart and could add to the “juiciness” if that’s what you’re going for. How do you control your fermentation temps? Cause that would have a bigger impact on which yeast you decide to use.

Barbarian/Vt Ale/Conan can give you some significant peach/stonefruit esters if treated correctly, as can wyeast 1469. If you just want a clean fermentation where the yeast gets out of the way then 001/1056/S-05. 1318 tends to leave a little sweeter finish, 007/S-04/1099 will be a little more tart and could add to the “juiciness” if that’s what you’re going for. How do you control your fermentation temps? Cause that would have a bigger impact on which yeast you decide to use.

I have an inkbird temp controller on a chest freezer to control ferm temps.

Back