What to do now

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandit77

Reaction score
I made a starter last wednesday thinking my hops and other supplies would be in on friday so I can brew on saturday...but UPS truck was a no show on friday. So I`m looking at monday or tuesday to get the rest of the supplies.

So my question is what do I do with the starter? Do I put in the fridge to slow the yeast...do I kept feeding them...Or do I leave it alone. I'm looking to brew next saturday.

My starter has 1 cup dme, 1 quart of water and A3944 Wyeast Activator.

Thanks
I'll give it another feed on monday or tuesday then it should be ok for saturday.

You really don't need to feed them. I keep my yeast at 34F for weeks with no problems. Not to get off topic but is there any chance you own a certain color Trans Am?

I had a similar thing happen a couple of times in a row (although I wasn't waiting on supplies, just wasn't able to brew) a month ago.

I made a starter and wasn't able to brew. So I put it in the fridge for a few days. Then I took it out, decanted the wort and fed it again. Then, I was unable to brew for a second time. I put it in the fridge again.

Then I was finally able to brew the next weekend. I just took it out of the fridge, let it warm up to room temperature and pitched it into the wort. It fermented like crazy!

kcstrom

You really don't need to feed them. I keep my yeast at 34F for weeks with no problems. Not to get off topic but is there any chance you own a certain color Trans Am?

Now that`s some funny **** right there...:mug: No man I had no Ideal Smokey & Bandit came out in 1977 until a few months ago... I just used bandit has a nickname for the stupid thing I did when I was a kid and got away with and put the year I was born.... I`m the Canadian version of Burt...:cross:...LOL...But I do like the movie maybe one of is best movies he's done.

Later

Latest posts

Back